It’s been a long time coming (so it probably seems), and once you’ve found one or two practices that you want to seriously consider, you’re going to have a lot to think about! Typically an offer is made once the physician comes back for a second visit. Below are factors to consider when evaluating your offer(s):
- Compensation – you can research MGMA (Medical Group Management Association) for national average compensation ranges for all specialties
- Consider the total compensation including all benefits
- Consider the role / percentage of productivity
- Supply and demand, rural vs. urban areas
- What will happen after the first year?
- Will the group impose a non-compete, restrictive covenant and/or liquidated damages?
It is imperative that you have a small team of advisors who you trust to review all of this with you. An attorney and accountant can be extremely helpful to ensure that the offer meets all of your requirements.
Available Educational Opportunites
HCA provides educational opportunities across the country, discussing in detail, the topics listed above. Find out how you can attend one of our seminars!