Rehab Assistant Medical Director
PM & R Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso, TX
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, Oncology Services, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region.
• Cardiology Services
• Emergency Services
• Imaging Services
• Kidney Transplant
• LifeCare Center
• Maternal/Child Services
• Neurosurgical Services
• Oncology Services
• Pediatric Services
• Rehabilitation Services
• Stroke Program
• Surgical Services
• Women’s Services
• Wound Management Services
Licensed Beds: 317
Job SummarySpecialty: PM & R Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Position: Rehab Assistant Medical Director
Practice: 40 bed rehabilitation hospital
- Serve as Assistant Director of the Neuro Brain Injury & Stroke Rehabilitation Program.
- Provide patient medical services.
- Participate in administrative functions as necessary.
- Participate in long range planning.
- Support the facility’s medical education programs for employees.
- Assist in obtaining/maintaining various accreditations, licenses, etc.
- Develop &/or approve medical & technical protocols.
- Serve as liaison between facility and administration.
- Additional duties & responsibilities.
Hours: 3 to 4 hours/day plus some Saturdays. 40 hours per month.
Requirement: BE or BC
Medical Center: Knowledgeable, dedicated & energetic support staff, very supportive administration. Las Palmas is four minutes away from the office.
Las Palmas Medical Center has 327 beds and is a full service, acute care hospital. The Medical Center has 546 physicians and 1,000 staff. All anesthesia provided by BC physicians. Three daVinci Robots and the best technical & OR staff in the region. Turn-around time = 22 minutes!
Community: El Paso is the 6th largest city in Texas with a population of 800,000 and enjoys outstanding year round weather. The cost of living is low and the medical community is sophisticated and welcoming of new physicians. It has small town closeness with the amenities of large city. It is a family oriented city where life is easy. Beautiful housing and excellent school systems make this a great place to live and raise a family. The sun city is an international community, rich in culture. Quality of life is our motto. El Paso is the safest city in the United States.
Video on El Paso: Adventure still exists - http://visitelpaso.com
Things to do: Year round great weather (no humidity), 2 1/2 hour drive from pine forest (snow skiing, weekend cabin/home in the mountains), international airport, off Broadway shows, NCAA Division I sports, mountain biking, cycling, hunting, hiking, cross country running, great selection of restaurants…..
- El Paso, Texas www.elpasotexas.gov & www.elpasocvb.com & www.elpasocvb.com/video.sstg
- Las Cruces, NM (45 minute drive) www.las-cruces.com
- Ruidoso, NM (2 ½ hour drive) www.ruidoso.com
Education: Great public schools (magnet high schools specializing in medicine, engineering, business), University town, new Medical School in 2009. Universities include:
- UTEP www.utep.edu
- Texas Tech www.ttuhsc.edu/elpaso
- NMSU www.nmsu.edu
- El Paso Community College www.epcc.edu
Biomedical Research & Technology Hub: Fast becoming one of the most successful & recognized life science centers in the Western Hemisphere. Strategically located on the ‘Latin Coast’, El Paso universities, regional schools and private industry are ensuring the future of being at the cusp of medical research and development.
Housing: Beautiful and affordable.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience.