Anesthesiology Program Director Needed to Build NEW Residency Program in SC!
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Grand Strand Medical Center, Myrtle Beach, SC
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 301-bed tertiary referral center in Myrtle Beach, SC, and is the largest and most clinically advanced hospital in the area. Grand Strand Medical Center is the only hospital in the region to offer such specialized services as a Level I adult trauma center and a Level II pediatric trauma center, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, robotic assisted surgery, three emergency departments staffed with residency trained emergency medicine physicians, pediatric ED and PICU. Grand Strand Medical Center has earned a reputation as the hospital of choice for residents and visitors. With a medical staff of 400+ highly skilled practitioners, Grand Strand offers the community a full spectrum of board certified medical specialists and services.
Located in Myrtle Beach, the heart of the "Grand Strand," the 60-mile stretch of coastline is considered one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US. The area has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top retirement and tourist destinations in the country. The community is comprised of a myriad of unique neighborhoods that include easy access to golf, the ocean, shopping and entertainment, national caliber live music venues, a local symphony, nationally recognized Botanical Garden (Brookgreen Gardens), minor league baseball, water parks, outlet shopping, international airport, fishing, boating and 2,500+ restaurants.
Job SummaryGrand Strand Medical Center is seeking an Anesthesiology Program Director to lead the hospital in the development and implementation of a new Anesthesiology Residency Program. The sponsoring institution already has an ACGME accredited program in internal medicine, general surgery, & a transitional year program and is moving forward with additional programs in Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine in 2017. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
• Must be Board Certified in Anesthesiology by the American Board of Anesthesiology
• Must have faculty experience, leadership, organizational, and administrative qualifications; and have demonstrated ongoing academic achievements in anesthesiology, including publications, the development of educational programs, or the conduct of research.
• Program Director Experience a Plus!
Responsibilities will include:
• The program director must administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating the residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
• Development of curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
• Obtaining and maintaining ACGME accreditation
• Fulfilling responsibilities of the program director as defined in the ACGME Anesthesiology program requirements
• Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for performance
• Participating in competency evaluations of residents and faculty
• Serving on the Graduate Medical Education Committee to formulate institutional policy involving resident supervision, transitions of care, patient safety, professionalism, and quality improvement.
• Development of a program budget and oversight of budget execution under supervision of DIO
• Supervision of the Anesthesiology program coordinator and associate program director
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply. The program director will be a direct report to the facility Designated Institutional Official.
Grand Strand Medical Center is a level II trauma facility with a diverse patient population to provide emergency medicine residents with an optimal educational experience with over 57,000 ED visits per year. The emergency room at Grand Strand Medical Center encompasses 40 beds. Grand Strand has 229 medical/surgical beds and 40 ICU beds with abundant opportunities for non-trauma resuscitative experiences. The facility has over 49,000 adult and 7,900 pediatric visits over the past calendar year.