PRN - Weekend Psychiatrists Needed for Hospital Group, Nashville, TN
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
TriStar Centennial Medical Center, Nashville, TN
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center’s 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Women’s Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at Centennial Medical Center, TriStar Sarah Cannon Cancer Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion, one of the largest and most comprehensive private psychiatric facilities in Middle Tennessee. Around the clock care is also available at TriStar Ashland City Medical Center, a critical care access hospital in nearby Cheatham County. Opened in 2013, TriStar Spring Hill Emergency Room provides 24-hour emergency care for nearby Spring Hill and surrounding communities.
• Middle Tennessee is well known for beautiful scenery, communities rich in history, a mild four-season climate and outstanding entertainment. Nashville, the capitol of Tennessee, is a thriving metropolitan city with a population of approximately 600,000 (1.6 million SSA) offering a superior lifestyle and one of the best medical communities in the country - and NO State Personal Income Tax.
• Nashville is repeatedly recognized as one of the country’s top cities for business and future growth. In 2011, Forbe's magazine rated Nashville #3 as America's Next Big Boom Towns and Kiplinger's magazine rated Nashville as their #3 "Best Value City", based on vibrant economy, reasonable living costs, and great amentities. Previously Modern Physician Magazine listed Nashville as 7th on "The List" of the top 75 places to run a medical practice in the country. Population, malpractice premiums, Medicare reimbursement, labor costs, state income tax (TN has none) and education attainment were criteria used in the ranking. In 2011, Nashville was given a Top 5 ranking by Travel & Leisure for its "Affordable Getaways" and "Friendliest City" categories.
• Long noted as the “Athens of the South” for its sixteen institutions of higher learning it also provides outstanding Private/Parochial options with strong Public Schools and an expanded Library system. While the city is perhaps best known as “Music City” for its Country music beginnings, it has matured to offer wide-ranging venues from Jazz/Blues to the new Schermerhorn Symphony Center. The city’s beautiful tree-lined streets, excellent park system, two local lakes, Sports complexes and numerous walking trails provide a host of exercise options. Spectator sports include: Tennessee Titans (NFL), Nashville Predators (NHL) Nashville Sounds (baseball), and the NASCAR Superspeedway.
Job SummaryWeekend Psychiatrists Needed at Prestigious Behavioral Health Facility, Nashville, TN
• Will join two other Board Certified Psychiatrists on weekends and holidays
• Primary focus will be Inpatient services – PRN scheduling will be one month ahead
• Will be rounding on established patients as well as accepting and working up new admissions
• Will help facilitate Consults on the weekend inTriStar Centennial Medical Center
• Could round on between 25 to 35 patients on both Saturday and Sunday. Actual volume is dependent on the census going into each weekend
• Patients admitted over the weekend will be transferred to a full-time attending on Monday morning
• One of the three physicians on weekend service will be assigned to take call in the evening for the group. This will generally only be for management of patients that have already been rounded on; new admits will be handled by the Telepsych team in the evening and overnight hours.
• PRN Physicians will have total control over their schedule – can do more or less holidays / weekends
• Goal is to have three (3) PRN Psychiatrists on duty every weekend which starts Friday at 7:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. Monday. Rounding on patients is on Saturday-Sunday.
• Centennial Medical Center (CMC)/Parthenon will offer an Employment Agreement with no restrictive covenant. Agreement contains a 90-day out without cause for all parties
• Malpractice coverage included (HCI)
• Compensation is based on a competitive hourly rate
• Physician will be enrolled in HCA payer panels with billing through Patient Keepers (to bill for our professional fees)
• Our psychiatrists do very well in a stable hospital environment where there is a successful and supportive team in place
Ideal Candidate Specifics
• Requires Board Certification in General (Adult) Psychiatry; experience in Geriatric Psychiatry and ECT experience is a plus
• Must be on track for Boards within seven years of completing U.S. Residency training
• Excellent communications skills
• Requires excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collegially with other mental health professionals
Tennessee is a Tort Reform State and there are no personal state income taxes!