Program Director needed for Internal Medicine Residency Program in FL
Third Party Search Firms Allowed
Kendall Regional Medical Center, Miami, FL
A large full service hospital with 600 physicians on staff, providing a complete continuum of care for the residents of Kendall and the surrounding Miami/Dade Area. It is a dynamic facility committed to continual expansion to match the rapid growth and diversity of the community. Emphasis on: ER, advanced diagnostic services, cardiovascular services, pediatric services, maternity and rehabilitative services.
Our hospital puts strong emphasis on: ER Advanced Diagnostic Services Cardiovascular Services Pediatric Services "Kidsville" Maternity Suites Rehabilitative Services
Our Mission: To deliver quality, compassionate, and cost effective Healthcare services, in a safe environment, through operational excellence to our West Dade residents, recognizing the cultural diversity of the Community we serve.
Come live in the MAGIC CITY. Miami offers a variety of community types and a multitude of lifestyle activities. Use the link below to see more about this diverse community on Florida's east coast.
• 24-hour emergency service (adult & pediatric)
• Accredited chest pain center with percutaneous coronary Intervention
• Advanced diagnostics
• Behavioral health
• Breast diagnostic services
• Burn care services (adult & pediatric)
• Cardiac & vascular care
• Intensivist program
• Joint Commission certified primary stroke center
• Joint replacement
• Maternity services
• Neonatal intensive care units
(NICU levels II & III)
• Neurology & neurosurgery
• Orthopedic & spine surgery
• Outpatient physical therapy
• Pediatric orthopedic & general surgery
• Pediatric services
(inpatient & outpatient)
• Robotic surgery
• Trauma care services
• One of only three adult trauma centers in Miami- Dade County
• 1,294 trauma patients treated
• Graduate medical education programs in internal
medicine, general surgery and podiatry
• Level III NICU, pediatric intensive care unit and
level II trauma center
Job SummaryKendall Regional Medical Center is hiring The Director of the Outpatient Resident Continuity Clinic/Associate Program Director for its Internal Medicine Residency Program located in Miami, Florida.
The Director of the Outpatient Resident Continuity Clinic is responsible for the administrative and clinical oversight of the clinic.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervises the resident’s clinical care of patients in their Continuity Clinic
2. Provides direct patient care primarily in the outpatient setting.
3. Prepares and participates in lectures, curriculum development, resident evaluations, and when appropriate writing letters of recommendation.
4. Oversee all aspects of clinical and administrative care within the clinic setting pertaining to residents’ training.
5. Oversee quality improvement for cancer screening, cardiovascular risk management, etc. and Chronic disease management
Qualified applicants will be considered for the designation of Assistant/Associate Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited residency program in Internal Medicine
- Able to obtain medical licensure in the State of Florida and medical staff privileges at Kendall Regional Medical Center
- Possess and maintain current certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Possess documented clinical and academic experience to ensure effective implementation of the program requirements of internal medicine residency programs.
- Must be a clinician with a broad knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to internal medicine as a discipline, and to the generalist training of residents
- Prior resident clinic experience and background in Research and QI strongly preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
-Student loan repayment available for qualified candidates.
-Will accept H1B Visas.