Gastroenterologist to Join Established Private Practice in Wichita
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2016, Wesley completed a 28 million dollar construction project to launch Wesley Children's Hospital. Wesley was recently named among The Joint Commission’s new list of Top Performers on Key Quality Measures®
The city regularly makes the popular “top city” lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
• The metro population is 390,000, but the city is the medical hub for 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states--over 1.5 million
• Wichita is home to 70 of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
• Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
• This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to a diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals
Job SummaryOutstanding opportunity to join Kansas Gastroenterology, LLC, a well-established independent GI group. The practice will be adding their fourth associate in the summer of 2018 and is looking to recruit 2 more doctors due to expanding referral base. The physicians are assisted by 5 PAs and 1 NPs, providing a full range of GI services and ancillary services including endoscopy, anesthesia, pathology, capsule, lab, and imaging.
The practice is on campus of both of Wichita's competing Level I Trauma Centers. The group’s primary office in a beautiful new building with a state of the art Endoscopy center in Wichita's upscale Eastern Suburbs.
Hospital Call will be every 5-6 weeks and will be assisted by a full time experienced PA. The practice is broad and busy enough to allow opportunity to carve subspecialty niche if desired.
• Attractive compensation package and partner track
• Partner incomes in the top quartile of Medical Group Management compensation benchmarks
• Flexibility to allow different styles of work-life career choices
Best fit will be a BC or recently-trained, BE physician interested in building a general GI practice. To meet credentialing criteria, candidates must be residency and fellowship trained in ACGME accredited programs. This position is eligible for J-1 visa assistance, but does not meet criteria for H1-B assistance.