Opportunity for VAD Surgeon who can do General Cardiac to join robust Heart Surgery Program in Nashville, TN
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
TriStar Centennial Medical Center, Nashville, TN
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center’s 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Women’s Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at Centennial Medical Center, TriStar Sarah Cannon Cancer Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion, one of the largest and most comprehensive private psychiatric facilities in Middle Tennessee. Around the clock care is also available at TriStar Ashland City Medical Center, a critical care access hospital in nearby Cheatham County. Opened in 2013, TriStar Spring Hill Emergency Room provides 24-hour emergency care for nearby Spring Hill and surrounding communities.
• The Nashville, TN region is home to more than 1.8 million people and more than 40,000 businesses.
• More than 250 healthcare companies are headquartered in the Nashville region, making healthcare the #1 industry!
• Home to corporate headquarter giants including Nissan North America, Bridgestone Americas, Dollar General, and HCA.
• Tennessee has the second lowest state and local tax burden per capita, and no state income tax!
• Nashville is rated by both Frommer’s and Travel and Leisure as one of “The Best Places to Go in 2017”
• Home to the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds
• For more community information, visit www.VisitMusicCity.com and www.NashvilleChamber.com
Job SummaryOpportunity for VAD Surgeon who can do General Cardiac to join robust Heart Surgery Program in Nashville, TN
TriStar Centennial Medical Center (TCMC) is a leader in cardiac surgical services, performing over 1,100 open heart procedures in 2015. TCMC has received the highest 3 star Society of Thoracic Surgeons rating for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery (AVR) and Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery + Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (AVR+CABG). TCMC was a pioneer beating heart surgery and is now strongly engaged in minimally invasive valve surgery, TAVR, and TEVAR.
TCMC recently invested $110M into a new heart center expansion, bringing a state-of-the-art 117 bed Heart Center to its campus, inclusive of 4 CVOR’s, 1 Hybrid OR, 7 cath, EP and endovascular labs. In addition, TCMC’s regional STEMI network is comprised of 16 community hospitals, resulting in over 130 STEMI transfers last year.
TCMC and its sister TriStar Health hospitals were the first in the state and among the first in the nation to achieve Chest Pain Accreditation by the Society of Chest pain Centers. For more than a decade, this network of eight hospitals has provided community-based angioplasty, stenting and other minimally invasive procedures. The Heart Care Network creates a seamless approach for patients needing more specialized care, accessing TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center.
Positioned for optimal growth in cardiac services, TCMC is currently seeking an exceptionally well-trained, high-quality, Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• 3-5 years post-training experience
• Broad Cardiothoracic skill set with current volumes of 125+ cases per year
• ABS / ABTS Certified
• Employment opportunity joining a team of 30 CV surgeons and cardiologists who lead the
Middle Tennessee area in cardiac care
• Clinical research opportunities with Sarah Cannon Research Institute (SCRI)
• Competitive compensation package with full benefits