Seeking Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join robust Heart Surgery Program in Nashville, TN
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
TriStar Centennial Medical Center, Nashville, TN
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center’s 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Women’s Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at Centennial Medical Center, TriStar Sarah Cannon Cancer Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion, one of the largest and most comprehensive private psychiatric facilities in Middle Tennessee. Around the clock care is also available at TriStar Ashland City Medical Center, a critical care access hospital in nearby Cheatham County. Opened in 2013, TriStar Spring Hill Emergency Room provides 24-hour emergency care for nearby Spring Hill and surrounding communities.
• Middle Tennessee is well known for beautiful scenery, communities rich in history, a mild four-season climate and outstanding entertainment. Nashville, the capitol of Tennessee, is a thriving metropolitan city with a population of approximately 600,000 (1.6 million SSA) offering a superior lifestyle and one of the best medical communities in the country - and NO State Personal Income Tax.
• Nashville is repeatedly recognized as one of the country’s top cities for business and future growth. In 2011, Forbe's magazine rated Nashville #3 as America's Next Big Boom Towns and Kiplinger's magazine rated Nashville as their #3 "Best Value City", based on vibrant economy, reasonable living costs, and great amentities. Previously Modern Physician Magazine listed Nashville as 7th on "The List" of the top 75 places to run a medical practice in the country. Population, malpractice premiums, Medicare reimbursement, labor costs, state income tax (TN has none) and education attainment were criteria used in the ranking. In 2011, Nashville was given a Top 5 ranking by Travel & Leisure for its "Affordable Getaways" and "Friendliest City" categories.
• Long noted as the “Athens of the South” for its sixteen institutions of higher learning it also provides outstanding Private/Parochial options with strong Public Schools and an expanded Library system. While the city is perhaps best known as “Music City” for its Country music beginnings, it has matured to offer wide-ranging venues from Jazz/Blues to the new Schermerhorn Symphony Center. The city’s beautiful tree-lined streets, excellent park system, two local lakes, Sports complexes and numerous walking trails provide a host of exercise options. Spectator sports include: Tennessee Titans (NFL), Nashville Predators (NHL) Nashville Sounds (baseball), and the NASCAR Superspeedway.
Job SummaryTriStar Centennial Medical Center (TCMC) is a leader in cardiac services, performing over 1,100 open heart procedures in 2015. Known for pioneering beating heart surgery, TCMC was first in the state to perform robotic heart surgery, off-pump bypass surgery and first in Nashville to be accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
TCMC recently invested $110M into a new heart center expansion, bringing a state-of-the-art 117 bed Heart Center to its campus, inclusive of 4 CVOR’s, 1 Hybrid OR, 7 cath, EP and endovascular labs. In addition, TCMC’s regional STEMI network is comprised of 16 community hospitals, resulting in over 130 STEMI transfers last year.
TCMC and its sister TriStar Health hospitals were the first in the state and among the first in the nation to achieve Chest Pain Accreditation. For more than a decade, this network of eight hospitals has provided community-based angioplasty, stenting and other minimally invasive procedures. The Heart Care Network creates a seamless approach for patients needing more specialized care, accessing TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center.
Positioned for optimal growth in cardiac services, TCMC is currently seeking an exceptionally well-trained, high-quality, Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• 3-5 years post-training experience
• Broad Cardiothoracic skill set with current volumes of 125+ cases per year
• ABS / ABTS Certified
• Employment opportunity, joining a team of 30 experienced, well-trained cardiologists and CV surgeons who lead the local and regional area in cardiac care
• Clinical research opportunities with Sarah Cannon Research Institute (SCRI)
• Competitive compensation package with full benefits