Intensivist Opportunity in Aventura, FL with HCA and ICC Healthcare - 100% Critical Care
Internal Medicine Critical Care
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center, Aventura, FL
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center was founded in 1965 as Golden Isles Hospital in Hallandale Beach. The hospital relocated to its present location in 1974 and was renamed Aventura Hospital and Medical center in 1993. The fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility provides award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services.
In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we have invested $130 million in expanding and renovating the hospital. The new North Patient Tower features 243 private rooms with private baths, the newest technologically advanced patient care equipment, a 28 bed-Emergency Department, 2 new ICU units, the Surgical Services Suite with 10 new oversized operating rooms, a new Main Entrance and much more.
• Accredited Chest Pain Center with
Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
• Breast diagnostic center
• Cardiac catheterization & angioplasty
• Cardiac and vascular rehabilitation
• Comprehensive cancer services
• Comprehensive Stroke Center
• Digital mammography
• Emergency medicine
• Heart & vascular care
• Hyperbaric medicine
• Inpatient and outpatient
behavioral health services
• Interventional radiology
• Joint Commission Certified
Primary Stroke Center
• Kid-friendly ER
• Kidney dialysis
• Occupational health services
• Open-heart procedures
• Orthopedic and Spine Institute
• Outpatient diabetes program
• Provisional Level II Trauma
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Rehabilitation center
• Robotic-assisted surgery
• Sleep Disorders Center
• South Florida Valve Institute
• Weight loss surgery
• Women’s services
• Wound care
• Joint Commission certified in total hip and knee replacements
• Graduate medical education programs – internal
medicine and general surgery
• Received the Gold Plus Stroke Award from the
American Heart Association
Job SummaryICC (Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcare has joined HCA, one of the nation’s largest healthcare networks, to change the way critical care medicine is practiced. Our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve. We are looking for Critical Care Trained Physicians with experience leading teams and improving quality measures to join us in our mission to make a difference in the care of every patient every day at
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in Aventura, FL.
About ICC Healthcare
• ICC Healthcare employees over 240 providers in 30 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
• Last year, our providers had over 140,000 patient encounters nationwide.
• We are part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates over 165 facilities in 19 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
The ICC Difference
• The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
• Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
• We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
• We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
• Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA’s commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
• Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, and more
• Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring
• Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling
• Occurrence based malpractice Insurance
• Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections
• Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities
Opportunity Specifics – Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
· 40-bed Critical Care Med/Surg, Cardiovascular and Neurosurgery Unit.
· Closed ICU Model with mandatory intensivist consult for all patients
· Multidisciplinary model.
· Categorical internal medicine, transitional internal medicine, emergency medicine, surgery residency programs.
· ACGME-accredited pulmonary fellowship program approved, starting in July 2017. Pulmonary fellows to provide ICU coverage.
· 24/7 in-house Physician Coverage: 2 MDs day coverage/1 MD night coverage.
· 24/7 internal medicine resident coverage.
· Teaching responsibilities with hospital-based ACGME program
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center - Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is a 407 acute care medical/surgery facility providing award winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical, cardiovascular and cancer services to the communities of northeast Miami-Dade and southeast Broward counties since 1965. Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is one of the few centers in Miami-Dade County to be certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the State Agency of Health Care Administration as well as a recipient of the American Heart Association’s “Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.” The 24-hour Emergency Room consistently maintains an average wait time of less than 10 minutes. Staffed by more than 700 physicians representing over 50 specialties and 1,300 employees, the hospital meets the healthcare needs of its neighboring communities through continuous program enhancement and service excellence.
Community Information – Aventura, FL
Aventura is a suburb of Miami best known for its shopping center, the Aventura Mall. Just a short drive over the William H. Lehman Causeway are the famous beaches of South Florida. Aventura is also home to Turnberry Isle Miami, a Mediterranean-style retreat with a culture of authenticity, spirited service and enriching experiences. The resort is renowned for its many world-class amenities, including two Aventura championship golf courses redesigned by Raymond Floyd.