Neurologist opportunity (Inpatient) - Pensacola, FL
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
West Florida Hospital, Pensacola, FL
West Florida Healthcare:
Located in Pensacola, Florida, West Florida Hospital has provided comprehensive healthcare services to residents of Northwest Florida and South Alabama for more than 30 years. West Florida Healthcare is proud to offer a 531-bed state-of-the art hospital with the area’s only facility featuring all-private rooms. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all-private room acute care hospital, the area’s only comprehensive medical rehabilitation hospital, and a mental health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
The $32 million surgical wing features 12 new operating suites, new and expanded pre-operative and Recovery Room areas, and state-of-the-art equipment. In this spacious, modern environment, our surgeons and staff are better equipped than ever to deliver exceptional patient care, West Florida Hospital’s number one goal. In addition, West Florida Hospital offers some of the area’s most advanced surgical technology, including the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System and a fully Digital Operating Room.
The Pensacola Bay Area offers visitors the best of both worlds: 52 miles of sun-drenched, sugar-white beaches alongside a historic town rich with culture and Southern hospitality. Resting on the banks of Pensacola Bay, the quaint downtown takes visitors back in time. Pensacola offers 450 years of history, innovative coastal cuisine, art and culture, unique shopping and many festivals throughout the year celebrating everything from music and food to art and Mardi Gras.
The "City of Five Flags," Pensacola has been ruled by Spain, Britain, France, the Confederacy and the United States. Pensacola, discovered by Spanish explorers in 1559, was the first major settlement attempt in the United States. The city’s rich history lends itself to fascinating historical and archaeological sites, allowing visitors to absorb its colorful past. History comes to life in Historic Pensacola Village, Museum of Commerce, St. Michael’s Cemetery, Pensacola Lighthouse, Fort Barrancas and Fort Pickens. Pensacola also boasts a rich military heritage with Naval Air Station Pensacola, the world-famous Blue Angels and the National Naval Aviation Museum, one of the world’s largest air and space museums.
Boasting a thriving arts community, the Pensacola Bay Area is home to the “big five,” including ballet, opera, symphony, theatre and an accredited museum of visual arts. Visitors can shop the many galleries, taking home works of art from local artists, or try their hand at glassblowing at a local arts workshop.
From miles of sugar white beaches to historic districts and cultural events, from tranquil, emerald water to trendy nightlife, Pensacola has something for everyone.
Job SummaryWest Florida Hospital in beautiful Pensacola, FL seeks an additional Inpatient Neurologist
West Florida, named “Top 100 Hospital” by Truven Health Analytics for a second year in a row, is a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and a Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement award winner by American Heart Association (AHA). We currently seek a BC/BE Neurologist to join our Inpatient Neurology team. Candidates with an interest in and/or experience treating stroke patients are preferred.
Practice highlights include:
• Physician would be available for inpatient neurology consults only (anything after 7 p.m. is addressed the next day)
• Telemedicine for stroke alerts and any stat consults at night
• ED uses telemedicine for all stroke alerts in the ED so the inpatient Neurologist does not see patients in the ED - only inpatients
• Diagnostics: CT, CTA, CT perfusion studies including MRI, MRA are available on site
• EEG monitoring is available; including remote access is available for emergency EEG reading via Neuroworkbench
This is an employed opportunity with competitive salary and incentives to include:
• Paid Occurrence Based Malpractice
• Full Benefits Package to include health, life, dental, disability, 401K- the works!
• Relocation, Marketing and CME Allowance
West Florida’s stroke program began in 2005 and achieved the Joint Commission disease specific certification in 2006. Since its inception, we strive to put the patient and family at the forefront of our treatment practices.
• WFH is a certified Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission since 2006
• WFH participates in the American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines®(GWTG) - Stroke program and is recipient of GWTG®- Stroke Gold Plus Achievement award with Stroke–Target: Honor Roll
• Evidence-Based Stroke order sets are available via MediTech CPOE
• The Sleep Disorders Center at West Florida Hospital is a six-bed hospital-based sleep diagnostic facility. We are one of only three in the area accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine to evaluate and treat the full range of sleep disorders.
• WFH offers a CARF and Joint Commission Accredited Inpatient Rehab Institute providing service to stroke, traumatic brain injury and other orthopedic/neurology conditions. The institute is designated the Brain & Spinal Cord Injury Rehab for the Panhandle of Florida.