Orthopaedic Traumatologist to Join 12
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2016, Wesley completed a 28 million dollar construction project to launch Wesley Children's Hospital. Wesley was recently named among The Joint Commission’s new list of Top Performers on Key Quality Measures®
The city regularly makes the popular “top city” lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
• The metro population is 390,000, but the city is the medical hub for 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states--over 1.5 million
• Wichita is home to 70 of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
• Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
• This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to a diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals
Job SummaryOrthopaedic Trauma Surgeon to Join Private Practice Group of 12
Advanced Orthopaedic Associates has over 22 years in practice in Kansas’ Largest City, providing subspecialty orthopedic care to over 1.5 million residents in 2/3rds of Kansas and parts of contiguous states. The practice is ready to begin succession planning recruitment. https://www.aoaortho.com. The practice has onsite imaging (diagnostic X-ray and MRI), casting, bracing and onsite OT. EMR is Phoenix Ortho, a specialty-specific application. The practice holds the Ortho Trauma contract for two Level one trauma centers. Several AOA physicians hold clinical faculty teaching appointments in the KU Orthopaedic surgery residency program.
• Partner-track, immediate bonus potential
• Level 1 Trauma Center Wesley Medical Center provides relocation and start-up support
• Partners in this group earn in the highest decile of MGMA earnings for their sub-specialties.
Candidates must be Board Certified or board eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery, fellowship trained in Trauma. Best fit for this group is an entrepreneurial surgeon hungry to build a superb practice. This group was founded by a collegial group of Air Force orthopaedic surgeons who set out to build a group on the foundations of excellent medical care and personal integrity. The group has superb relationships with their hospitals, a powerful word-of-mouth referral base in the community and they have earned the respect and loyalty of referring physicians. AOA has very little staff or physician turnover because they have been successful at creating an organization where people like coming to work and are proud to tell people where they work.
No J1/H1 visa candidates are being considered at this time.