Hospitalist Positions in the Heartland
Internal Medicine Pediatrics Hospitalist
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2016, Wesley completed a 28 million dollar construction project to launch Wesley Children's Hospital. Wesley was recently named among The Joint Commission’s new list of Top Performers on Key Quality Measures®
The city regularly makes the popular “top city” lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
• The metro population is 390,000, but the city is the medical hub for 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states--over 1.5 million
• Wichita is home to 70 of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
• Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
• This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to a diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals
Job SummaryWesley Medical Center announces new Hospitalist Opportunities in Regional Clinical/Academic Teaching Hospital
HCA’s Wesley Medical Center seeks IM and FM Hospitalist physicians to join a busy, collegial team of hospitalists in the medical center rated “most trusted” by local consumers. This opportunity is ideal for physicians seeking a busy, tertiary care clinical opportunity in a heartland city with University academic opportunities at the University of Kansas/Wichita Medical School and affiliated residencies.
• Average daily census per provider is 18-20
• Hospitalists do not run codes
• Hospitalists do manage vents
• Level 1 Trauma Center= all specialties available for consult
• Strong compensation with sign-on bonus, incentives, and robust benefits
Living in Wichita, Kansas
Wichita has been named an All-American City four times and it ranks among the top 32 cities nationally for quality of life. Money magazine recently named the Wichita community a Top 10 Best Place to live. These rankings reflect affordability, short and easy commutes to work and a high level of public safety for your family - attributes you simply can't find in most metro areas. Wichita is a diverse and vibrant city offering 33 museums, 22 live theatres, 28 art galleries and 32 golf courses. Cost of living is significantly below national median and physician incomes are above MGMA medians. Wesley physician commutes are 12-17 minutes with superb private and parochial schools, Colleges and Wichita State University just minutes from Wesley’s campus; minutes from beautiful suburban neighborhoods.
J1 and H1B Visa holders are encouraged to apply.