Pediatric Surgeons needed in Myrtle Beach
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Grand Strand Medical Center, Myrtle Beach, SC
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 301-bed tertiary referral center in Myrtle Beach, SC, and is the largest and most clinically advanced hospital in the area. Grand Strand Medical Center is the only hospital in the region to offer such specialized services as a Level I adult trauma center and a Level II pediatric trauma center, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, robotic assisted surgery, three emergency departments staffed with residency trained emergency medicine physicians, pediatric ED and PICU. Grand Strand Medical Center has earned a reputation as the hospital of choice for residents and visitors. With a medical staff of 400+ highly skilled practitioners, Grand Strand offers the community a full spectrum of board certified medical specialists and services.
Located in Myrtle Beach, the heart of the "Grand Strand," the 60-mile stretch of coastline is considered one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US. The area has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top retirement and tourist destinations in the country. The community is comprised of a myriad of unique neighborhoods that include easy access to golf, the ocean, shopping and entertainment, national caliber live music venues, a local symphony, nationally recognized Botanical Garden (Brookgreen Gardens), minor league baseball, water parks, outlet shopping, international airport, fishing, boating and 2,500+ restaurants.
Job SummaryGrand Stand Medical Center is currently searching for a Pediatric General Surgeon to start a new Pediatric Surgery service line. This is a fantastic ground floor opportunity to support the existing Trauma Unit and to lead the hospital in the development of a full service Pediatric Center. Our Pediatric Emergency Department experienced a 14% growth in 2016 with over 9,422 Pediatric ED Visits; and Pediatric admissions of 545. This is a growing community with the largest Pediatric ED market share in the Myrtle Beach area.
• Dedicated Pediatric ED Unit staffed by board certified and board eligible pediatric emergency medicine physicians
• Pediatric Hospitalist and Intensivist service staffed by board certified pediatric critical care physicians 24/7 and an 8-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
• 8+ Pediatricians serve as referral base for ED and for inpatient care.
• Locums will be provided for back up
• We are actively recruiting a number of Pediatric Sub-Specialists to further support this initiative.
• Applicants must be double boarded in General and Pediatric Surgery.
• This will be an employed position with our HCA affiliated practice with competitive compensation and full benefits.