JOIN TERTIARY HOSPITAL's Critical Care Program - NASHVILLE
Surgery Critical Care
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
TriStar Centennial Medical Center, Nashville, TN
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center’s 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Women’s Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at Centennial Medical Center, TriStar Sarah Cannon Cancer Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion, one of the largest and most comprehensive private psychiatric facilities in Middle Tennessee. Around the clock care is also available at TriStar Ashland City Medical Center, a critical care access hospital in nearby Cheatham County. Opened in 2013, TriStar Spring Hill Emergency Room provides 24-hour emergency care for nearby Spring Hill and surrounding communities.
• Middle Tennessee is well known for beautiful scenery, communities rich in history, a mild four-season climate and outstanding entertainment. Nashville, the capitol of Tennessee, is a thriving metropolitan city with a population of approximately 600,000 (1.6 million SSA) offering a superior lifestyle and one of the best medical communities in the country - and NO State Personal Income Tax.
• Nashville is repeatedly recognized as one of the country’s top cities for business and future growth. In 2011, Forbe's magazine rated Nashville #3 as America's Next Big Boom Towns and Kiplinger's magazine rated Nashville as their #3 "Best Value City", based on vibrant economy, reasonable living costs, and great amentities. Previously Modern Physician Magazine listed Nashville as 7th on "The List" of the top 75 places to run a medical practice in the country. Population, malpractice premiums, Medicare reimbursement, labor costs, state income tax (TN has none) and education attainment were criteria used in the ranking. In 2011, Nashville was given a Top 5 ranking by Travel & Leisure for its "Affordable Getaways" and "Friendliest City" categories.
• Long noted as the “Athens of the South” for its sixteen institutions of higher learning it also provides outstanding Private/Parochial options with strong Public Schools and an expanded Library system. While the city is perhaps best known as “Music City” for its Country music beginnings, it has matured to offer wide-ranging venues from Jazz/Blues to the new Schermerhorn Symphony Center. The city’s beautiful tree-lined streets, excellent park system, two local lakes, Sports complexes and numerous walking trails provide a host of exercise options. Spectator sports include: Tennessee Titans (NFL), Nashville Predators (NHL) Nashville Sounds (baseball), and the NASCAR Superspeedway.
Job Summary• 100% Critical Care duties, serving one hospital
• Join intensivist group with developed protocols resulting in documented improved patient outcomes while providing superior quality of life for medical staff members
• Qualifications: Candidates must be BE/BC in critical care - Pulmonary/CC or Medicine/CC or Anesthesiology/CC
• Highly supportive team approach
• Tertiary hospital requiring coverage of 80 CC beds (mandatory consults)
• Covering an average of 15 patients per day with mid-level support
• Shift work accounting for 12-15 shifts per month (twelve hour shifts, day-off after call)
• When you’re off, you’re off but freedom to moonlight
• HCA’s flagship Nashville hospital – TriStar Centennial Medical Center
• Hospital of 657 beds, 117-bed Heart Hospital, 500+ physicians located in the heart of Nashville
• Intensive care services managed by ICC Healthcare (founded 2004) – consortium 60+ physicians
• Employed (hourly rate), HCA fringe benefits: health insurance (MD & dependents), dental/eye, disability/life insurance, CME allowance, Malpractice (occurrence), 401K with company match, HCA stock options, sign-on bonus, relocation, etc.