Family Practice Physician for Busy Employed Practice Near Nashville!
Family Practice wo OB
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center, Smyrna, TN
TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
• Celebrating 13 years of serving the local community, TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center proudly enjoys a strong reputation for providing high quality patient care in a friendly, compassionate, and healing setting.
• The 109-bed facility is located just 20 minutes southeast of Nashville, offering a centralized and convenient location for patients and providers.
• TriStar StoneCrest offers a full array of acute care services including emergency care, inpatient and same-day surgery, cardiology, center for joint replacement, obstetrics, intensive care, maternity, neurology, orthopedics, physician medicine, women’s health and wellness, the spine surgery institute, outpatient imaging and diagnostic services and cancer care through the nationally recognized Sarah Cannon cancer center.
• Experiencing continued community growth and healthcare service demands, Sarah Cannon Cancer Center and TriStar StoneCrest added the TrueBeam™ Radiotherapy System from Varian Medical Systems which is engineered to deliver more powerful cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy and precision. In addition, TriStar StoneCrest recently invested $1.7 million dollars to renovate the IR suite space, purchased state-of-the-art equipment, and added radiologist to the medical staff. TriStar StoneCrest introduced its new Spine Surgery Institute and Center for Joint Replacement to improve on patient outcomes and provide superior experience for the patients.
• Through the hospital’s Spine Surgery Institute, one of our physicians performed the first two level cervical disk replacement in Rutherford County in 2016
• In 2015 a TriStar StoneCrest PSG Physician was the first physician to offer endoscopic ultrasound in Rutherford County.
• The hospital’s robotic assisted surgery program exceeded initial growth expectations and continues rapid growth to meet local demand. A TriStar StoneCrest surgeon performed Middle Tennessee’s first single-incision gallbladder removal in 2013.
• TriStar StoneCrest's highly qualified professionals ensure healthcare excellence in care and outcomes. The active medical staff includes more than 427 board-certified physicians, and clinical staff averages more than 10 years’ experience.
• Medical center certifications and accolades:
- Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for four consecutive years
- Chest Pain, Stroke and Cancer certifications
- Blue Distinction Center® of Excellence for Maternity
- Blue Distinction Center® of Excellence for Knees
- Outstanding Achievement Award by Commission on Cancer
• TriStar StoneCrest employs physicians in six specialties: primary care, internal medicine, cardiology, neurology and urology. Office locations span from Smyrna to LaVergne/Antioch and Murfreesboro.
• The town of Smyrna is located in North Rutherford County with a population of about 45,948 Rutherford County's population is more than 295,089. The county has earned the designation as one of the fastest growing counties in Tennessee according to U.S. Census Bureau figures. Smyrna was ranked as one of the Fastest Growing Cities in the U.S. by MSN.com and one of the “Top 10 Best Places to Retire” in September 2015 by the U.S. News and World Report, naming locally available healthcare as one of the reasons. The top county business industries are healthcare, manufacturing, and transportation/logistics. The community offers plentiful housing options, beautiful parks and golf courses, entertainment, dinning, shopping, as well as the largest undergraduate university in the state - MTSU!
Job SummaryFamily Practice Physician to Join Busy Practice!
Employment Opportunity with Successful Family Practice Group
Suburb of Nashville in Middle Tennessee
Location: Smyrna, TN
Beautiful, fast-growing community of approximately 42,000 residents (county includes 275,000) has an urgent need for a Family Practice physician! Smyrna is a 25 minute drive southeast of downtown Nashville, TN. TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical/surgical facility that opened in 2003 and offers a full array of acute care services including Sarah Cannon Cancer Center, emergency care, general surgery, cardiology, obstetrics, intensive care, imaging and diagnostic and cancer care. We also offer excellent Orthopaedic, Neurological, Sleep, Rehabilitation services, and Women’s Health including Family Services for Childbirth Education, Birthing Suites, Newborn Nursery and a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Please visit http://tristarstonecrest.com/ for an overview of the facility.
Opening: Family Practice
* Seeking Board Certified Family Medicine physician to join established group of 5 Family physicians
* Practice in existence 11 years – located in medical office plaza on hospital campus in Smyrna, TN
* Average patient office visits daily: 100
* Excellent Payor mix – 90% commercial
* Hybrid model of providers who enjoy very limited inpatient services to keep up their hospital skills and connection with specialists, but primarily operate in an outpatient clinical setting. Note: 90% of providers in this group now utilize Hospitalists.
* Call arrangement: nightly call is taken by one physician within the group and each are on call one weekend every 7 weeks. No ER unassigned call. On call includes by phone and requires admitting and seeing non-hospitalist providers’ patients (avg. rounding on 3 patients in a weekend). Requires hospital credentialing.
* Hybrid setting with both inpatient and office-based practice. Physicians have option to cover own patients in hospital or use Hospitalists.
* Call arrangement: nightly call is taken by one physician within the group and each are on call one weekend every 5 weeks. (will be 1:6 with new physician) On call requires phone calls for the group only—all inpatient hospital work is handled by the Hospitalist program unless the provider prefers to see their own patients in the hospital setting.
*Full-time schedule (5 days per week).
* Group offers a full range of services including pediatrics through geriatric medicine; total family care involving: newborns, well child and well woman care, school & sports physicals, adult & child immunizations, diabetes, cholesterol and hypertension management.
* Skilled medical staff
* Competitive compensation and benefits plan will be offered to qualified candidate. Package will include HCA Employment with productivity bonuses. HCA benefits include Health, Disability and Life Insurance; Retirement Planning, Fees/Due, Malpractice coverage, CME’s, Travel Allowance, and Vacation. Paid relocation and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus.
Excellent earnings potential!
Nashville is a thriving metropolitan city with a population of 600,000+. Kiplinger’s chose Nashville as the #1 Location for the “Top 50 Smart Places to Live”. The area of Nashville recently ranked 7th on “The List” in Modern Physician Magazine of the top 75 places to run a medical practice in the country. Population, malpractice premiums, Medicare reimbursement, labor costs, personal state income tax (TN has none) and education attainment were all criteria used in the ranking! Below are a few other attributes to consider:
• Nashville is #2 in the U.S. for Employment Growth - U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
• #2 on Forbes list of "The Best Big Cities for Jobs"
• #2 in Travel & Leisure's “America's Favorite Cities"