Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Employment Opportunity - Corpus Christi, TX
Psychiatry Child and Adolescent
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Corpus Christi Medical Center, Corpus Christi, TX
HOSPITAL: Corpus Christi Medical Center, is a 4-hospital campus system licensed for a total of 631 beds and is a regional, acute-care center dedicated to helping patients attain the highest level of well-being through the science of medicine and the art of caring. We offer a full range of healthcare services including a Level IV trauma designation, Women’s Services, Orthopedics, Cardiovascular, General Surgery, Urology and Med-Surg. With its broad spectrum of in-patient, out-patient and specialty programs, we continue the role as a trusted healthcare resource for South Texas residents. There are over 500,000 people living within an hour of Corpus Christi all of whom can benefit from our services. CCMC also offers a Family Practice residency program with a full-time Director of Academic Medicine. (www.ccmedicalcenter.com)
COMMUNITY: In Corpus Christi, Texas you can enjoy living a relaxed, island lifestyle seasoned with a rich blend of culture. You’ll be a part of a historical coastal community with the benefit of big city attractions. The area boasts miles of Gulf Coast beaches, a variety of museums, events, sports, sightseeing, shopping, restaurants and some of the best seafood in Texas. It’s an ideal place to advance your career and raise a family. A great career….a great way of life! (www.cctexas.com )
Job SummaryHCA Healthcare is seeking to employ a child and adolescent psychiatrist to the Texas Gulf Coast, beachfront city of Corpus Christi. The South Texas community is experiencing a serious shortage of psychiatrists. Corpus Christi Medical is seeking psychiatrist to join our psychiatric hospitalist program with exclusive management of a 68-bed facility - Bayview Behavioral Hospital. HCA will offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a sign on bonus!
• Works Mon-Fri 8-5
• Call: one weeknight per month. Round on up to 20 patients (1) weekend per month; telemedicine service provides rounding and on-call coverage every weekend.
• Participates in minimum of two treatment teams per week per population (MD, therapist, UR, Discharge planner. RN)
• Completes initial psychiatric evaluations within 24 hours of admission, daily progress notes, discharge paperwork and summary
• Enters a minimum of 75% order electronically
• When on campus, visits with potential patient at admission to clear patient for admission.
• On-Call: 1/3 weekdays and weekends. Calls will be regarding admissions and questions about patients on the unit. Assigns potential patients to attending psychiatrist during on-call. Rounds on patients daily when on-call. Should not be required to come on campus except when rounding, during call.