Emergency Medicine in Largest City in KS
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2016, Wesley completed a 28 million dollar construction project to launch Wesley Children's Hospital. Wesley was recently named among The Joint Commission’s new list of Top Performers on Key Quality Measures®
The city regularly makes the popular “top city” lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
• The metro population is 390,000, but the city is the medical hub for 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states--over 1.5 million
• Wichita is home to 70 of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
• Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
• This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to a diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals
Job SummaryAre you interested in practicing with a physician owned and operated democratic group with a partnership track? CarePoint Healthcare founded in 1996 in Denver, Colorado. CarePoint is a multi-specialty physician-owned and operated practice dedicated to delivering quality, compassionate care. With a stable history and over 200 healthcare providers in our group, this is one of the largest private practice physician groups in the region. CarePoint has recently expanded emergency medicine services into Wichita, KS and is searching for well-trained emergency medicine, family medicine, or internal medicine/pediatric physicians to join the team. CarePoint covers four emergency departments in Wichita, including Wesley Medical Center; a Level I Trauma Center, Physicians are competitively compensated and have the ability to gain partnership in the group.
· Competitive annual compensation of $300,000 plus
· Flexible scheduling
· Equalized shift distribution
· Manageable workload with excellent infrastructure & support
· Care team includes mid-levels and scribes
· Partnership track
· Malpractice insurance
· Excellent benefits
· 401(k) retirement
· Starting bonus
· Relocation allowance
Completion of an ACGME accredited emergency medicine, family medicine, or internal medicine/pediatric residency is required. New graduate emergency medicine physicians are welcome to apply. Family medicine and internal medicine/pediatric physicians with direct emergency care experience post residency are welcome to apply.