Clinical/Academic MFM in Midwest
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2016, Wesley completed a 28 million dollar construction project to launch Wesley Children's Hospital. Wesley was recently named among The Joint Commission’s new list of Top Performers on Key Quality Measures®
The city regularly makes the popular “top city” lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
• The metro population is 390,000, but the city is the medical hub for 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states--over 1.5 million
• Wichita is home to 70 of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
• Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
• This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to a diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals
Job SummaryWesley Medical Center Announces Clinical/Academic MFM position at regional Level 1 Trauma Center Drawing from 2/3rds of Kansas and Contiguous States.
Join 1 MFM and midlevel in a hospital-employed practice with faculty appointment to University of Kansas School of Medicine. OB/GYN residents rotate through the practice. Call 1:3 (sharing call with a private practice) with support from OB/GYN residency. http://mfmkansas.com/physicians/
• 16-bed Maternal/Fetal Unit for high-risk pregnancies
• 36-bed level III NICU
• 48-bed Special Care Unit with Single Family Rooms
• Mother/Baby program to transition neonates’ care to home
• 70 percent of consults from Wichita OB/GYNs and 30 from surrounding communities
Wesley Medical Center delivers 6,000+ babies annually and has been Wichita’s “Baby hospital” since the first unit opened in 1915. Wesley was recently awarded the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice award as the hospital having the highest quality and image with service area consumers. The hospital is affiliated with the National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions and is aggressively growing Pediatric Subspecialty Service Lines in conjunction with the University of Kansas. http://www.wesleymc.com/
Wichita regularly makes the popular “top ten” lists as a smaller metro area with low cost of living with attributes families are seeking. http://www.wichitakansas.org/experience_wichita-welcome_to_wichita.php
• Greater metro area of 600,000+
• Home to 70 percent of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna
• Home to Koch Industries, Coleman