Pediatric ENT Position in Sunny San Antonio
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Methodist Children's Hospital, San Antonio, TX
Methodist Children's Hospital opened in 1998 as the only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built especially for children. Colorful images and artwork enhance every window and wall to create a welcoming, child-focused environment that includes a two-story tree house in the lobby, play rooms on every floor, and an outdoor play area. The Methodist Children's Hospital offers 24-hour pediatric emergency room, pediatric and neonatal intensive care units, pediatric operating suites, and special outpatient clinics for children with complex illnesses.
Methodist Children's Hospital features the region's only blood and marrow stem cell transplant program offering home for children with leukemia, sickle cell anemia and immunodeficiency syndromes such as SCIDS (severe comprised immune deficiency syndrome). In addition, Methodist Children's Hospital has a complete unit devoted to hematology, oncology and transplants.
The Methodist Children's Heart Institute features a multidisciplinary team of experienced board-certified pediatric cardiologists dedicated to complex congenital cardiac and thoracic diseases, from prenatal diagnosis through adulthood. With six cardiac catheterization suites, the Methodist Children's Heart Institute is the only hospital in South Texas providing interventional and diagnostic procedures including PDA coils, balloon septostomies, balloon dilations and ASD device closures. Cardiothoracic specialty areas include neonatal and infant heart surgery, single ventricle and hypoplastic left heart syndrome, arrhythmia surgery, beating heart surgery, cardiac failure and mechanical support.
Hospital Fast Facts:
Job SummaryWe are seeking a fellowship-trained pediatric otolaryngologist to join a large private practice. This opportunity is located in San Antonio, Texas, which was recently named by U.S. News and World Report at the #2 best place to live in Texas and #14 in all of the US!
• The Pediatric Ear, Nose and Throat Institute of South Texas is the largest and most established practice in San Antonio having served the community for almost 30 years
• Our practice provides care for common and complex problems of the ear, nose and throat in children from birth to 17 years old
• Services include: tube insertion, hearing loss, infections, sinusitis, snoring, allergies, adenoid removal and tonsils
• This is a thriving practice that continues to grow and serve multiple NICUs, PICUs and pediatric emergency departments, as well as the private primary pediatric community in the area
• The primary hospitals covered include: Methodist Children's Hospital, North Central Baptist and University Hospital
• You will have an opportunity to work in all of the pediatric hospitals that serve this diverse community as well as the opportunity to pursue academic endeavors at UT Health
San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the country and one of the fastest growing areas in the United States. In fact, it was ranked number 14 on U.S. News and World Report’s 2018 list of the 100 Best Places to Live thanks to the quality of life and the ability to offer big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions along with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. With 300 days of sunshine a year, the area affords plenty of opportunities to savor in the great outdoors year-round. The San Antonio region is rich in educational opportunities and offers a variety of public and private colleges and universities. The cost of living is affordable and there is no state income tax.