Experienced Cardiovascular Surgery Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Prac - Adult
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
The Medical Center Aurora, Denver, CO
The Medical Center of Aurora, an HCA/HealthONE hospital, has three campuses in the metro Denver area and a variety of top-rated services, including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, surgery and women's health.
The South Campus acute care hospital is licensed for 346 beds and has Level II trauma designation with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation.
The North Campus houses the Behavioral Health and Wellness Center which offers inpatient and outpatient behavioral health programs for Adults, Adolescents and Seniors, as well as outpatient imaging services.
Centennial Medical Plaza, located in Centennial, Colorado, is a free-standing ER and offers outpatient surgical services, outpatient imaging, and Colorado Breast Care, a women's health center.
The Medical Center of Aurora, metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence, and Centennial Medical Plaza, are the primary medical destination for the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor.
Living in the Denver Metro Area:
Recreation and an active lifestyle beckon. It’s no wonder that Metro Denver’s young, active residents are among the nations healthiest—in both mind and body. Area residents dabble in everything from skiing to hiking, mountain biking to river rafting. Perhaps that’s why the area is one of the fittest cities in the country.
When they’re not enjoying the region’s great outdoors, citizens take advantage of championship sports teams and cultural attractions, such as events at The Denver Performing Arts Complex—the largest such facility under one roof outside of New York City. To learn more about living in Denver, visit http://www.metrodenver.org/living-here
Job SummaryHealthONE Physician Care announces a new hospital-employed opportunity for an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join Cardiothoracic Surgery Associates. This person will primarily assist our cardiothoracic surgeons both in the operating room and in the hospital and clinic setting taking care of a broad spectrum of cardiovascular or cardiothoracic surgery patients. Will be assisting surgeon with routine and complex coronary work, valve repair and transcatheter valve procedures. Roughly 20% Preoperative Patient Care Management, 70% Intraoperative and 10% Postoperative. This position is based at The Medical Center of Aurora (Level 2 Trauma drawing from eastern Denver and most of eastern Colorado) and Rose Medical Center, providing care to Denver’s most sought-after in-town neighborhoods.
The successful candidate will have:
• At least 2 years of experience in the PA or NP role in Cardiac Surgery
• Completed an accredited physician assistant/surgical assistant or nurse practitioner program
• Both basic and advanced cardiac life support
• Extensive experience with endoscopic vein harvesting
• Board Certification by appropriate APP board
• superb communication skills, and a passion for program development and collaboration.
This position offers:
• Competitive Compensation with guaranteed base + productivity component
• Robust Benefits including Health and Medical Malpractice insurance, 401K matching, CME time & allowance, Employee Discounted Stock Purchase Program
• Collegiality of the HealthONE Physician Services Group team and HCA’s national CVS Service Line
Living in Denver, Colorado
• 310 sunny days a year w/ 4 seasons
• Community culture based on being active and outside....residents enjoy the nation’s largest metro network of neighborhood trail systems, open space parks, nature preserves, skateboard parks, dog off-leash parks.
• Beautiful views of the Rockies from most neighborhoods in Denver Metro area. 90 minute drive to Colorado's famous ski resorts.
• Several excellent school systems within 25 minute commute of the facility. Live in-town and commute against traffic to work, or enjoy new construction neighborhoods in Aurora and Parker
Reply with CV and cover message regarding reason for interest in Denver and time frame for availability to start a new position.