Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Val Verde Regional Medical Center, Del Rio, TX
Val Verde Regional Medical Center is a 93 bed facility located in Del Rio, Texas, just a 2 hour scenic trip from San Antonio, and provides healthcare to much of South west Texas.
Del Rio is home to some of the best fishing and hunting in all of the U.S. There is a Pro-Bass fishing tournament held at Lake Amistad each year along with over 100 other fishing tournaments. Del Rio is also home to the busiest US Air Force training facility in the country. Some other facts that may spark your interest about Del Rio are: World Famous Shumont cave system, pro-bull riding, great country club, very reasonable housing prices, and of course the Seminole Canyon.
Val Verde Regional Medical Center was recently refurnished in 2003 and pictures just don’t do it justice.. Del Rio is a great community that has plenty to offer!
For more information, visit www.vvrmc.org.
Job SummaryJOB SUMMARY
Val Verde Regional Medical Center is seeking a board certified or board eligible Urologist with favorable work and/or training history to provide direct patient care in our clinic and hospital as a full time employed Urologist.
Val Verde Regional Medical Center is a 93 bed facility conveniently located in the heart of Del Rio. Del Rio, TX is known as the "Oasis of Texas" with over 145 miles of pristine lakefront on beautiful Lake Amistad. Del Rio boasts a low cost of living (18% lower than the US average), excellent public and private school options and a less than 6% unemployment rate. In addition to our low crime rate, Southern Living Magazine named Del Rio "The Friendliest Little Border Town in Texas". With these attributes, it is no wonder our local economy is thriving.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Independently administer and interpret routine and special diagnostic tests in an expedient and professional manner.
• Diagnose disorders and diseases related to the genitourinary tract and organs and connected tissues
• Examine patients with common ailments, including bladder infections, prostate cancer, and ureteral stones.
• Consult with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
• Recommend and order tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose urologic conditions.
• Prescribe medications to treat infections and other ailments.
• Perform procedures to treat dysfunction of the urinary tract.
• Effectively collaborate with referring physicians and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient.
• Refer patients with complex medical conditions to outside specialists.
• Performs and participates in other job functions.
• Maintains working hours Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM and Friday 8AM-12PM.
• Required to maintain a call schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Medical Degree Program.
• Completed urology residency program.
• License to practice medicine in the State of Texas by the Texas Medical Board.
• Board certified or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties.
• Strong patient management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
Val Verde Regional Medical Center will be offering a comprehensive recruitment package which may include:
• A Competitive base salary with incentives based on productivity with RVU’s
• Health Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Malpractice Insurance
• Quality bonus
• Sign-on bonus
• Relocation Allowance
• CME, Training, and Other Reimbursement
Would prefer 5 years of Urology experience.