Family Practice Core Faculty Needed
Family Practice - GME
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
LewisGale Medical Center, Salem, VA
LewisGale Medical Center, serving patients for over 100 years, is a 506-bed, stroke certified tertiary facility in Southwest Virginia. The system includes four hospitals, two regional cancer centers, six outpatient centers and affiliations with 700 physicians representing a wide range of disciplines and specialties. LewisGale Regional Health System is part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), the nation’s leading healthcare provider with over 160 hospitals and more than 100 surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain.
As a place to live and work, Southwest Virginia has it all; affordable housing, outstanding K through 12 schools, and nationally-recognized colleges and universities. Surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Appalachian Trail, there is an offering of year-round breathtaking scenery, along with arts, culture, restaurants, outdoor activities, water sports, and so much more.
Delivering Excellent Care with a Team Approach
At LewisGale Regional Health System, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our physicians make an impact every day as integral partners in one of the nation’s leading hospital systems—recognized for its advanced, evidence-based practices and commitment to compassionate patient care.
In addition to offering a variety of specialty services and an exceptional level of skill by our physicians, nurses and other staff members, the LewisGale healthcare family has long been best known for compassion, dedication and friendliness. We’re committed to excellence and believe that top-quality healthcare is best delivered through team effort in a safe, professional and service-oriented environment.
Job SummaryAre you looking for a place to leave your mark? Are you ready to create an innovative, exhilarating, and educational residency program that will produce world-class family physicians and physician leaders? Partnered with HCA, who currently has over 20 Family Medicine GME Programs around the country, LewisGale Medical Center in Salem, Virginia, is developing a GME Family Medicine Residency Program and is seeking core faculty members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the education of residents
- Devote sufficient time to the educational program to fulfill supervisory and teaching responsibilities
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
- Maintain clinical skills by providing direct patient care
- Precept residents in the Family Medicine Clinic
- Maintain an environment of inquiry and scholarship with an active research component
- Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, ambulatory care rounds, and conferences
- Encourage and support residents in scholarly activities
- Demonstrate scholarship by previous publications, case reports, or other presentations at local/regional/national conferences and scientific society meetings
- Commit to the development of the resident medical knowledge, clinical, technical, management skills and clinical judgment; serve as an advisor to a complement of residents
- Serve on the clinical competency committee and the program evaluation committee
- Participate in activities which enhance professional growth and development
- Licensed to practice in state of Virginia
- Completed an accredited residency program in Family Medicine
- Certified and recertified (if applicable) by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Clinical faculty experience in another residency program is also beneficial