Ortho Spine to Join Kansas Orthopaedic Center
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2016, Wesley completed a 28 million dollar construction project to launch Wesley Children's Hospital. Wesley was recently named among The Joint Commission’s new list of Top Performers on Key Quality Measures®
The city regularly makes the popular “top city” lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
• The metro population is 390,000, but the city is the medical hub for 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states--over 1.5 million
• Wichita is home to 70 of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
• Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
• This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to a diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals
Job SummaryKansas Orthopaedic Center (KOC) has been in practice for over 38 years in Kansas’ Largest City, providing subspecialty orthopedic care to over 1.5 million residents in 2/3rds of Kansas and parts of contiguous states. KOC has 10 surgeons, 1 non-operative peds ortho and 10 PA’s in two locations in Wichita and one in Garden City. The practice and Dr. Steven Ericksen are ready to welcome another Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon to a busy practice. Due to a recent retirement of our second Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon as well as a loss of two other orthopaedic Spine surgeons retiring/leaving the community, a need exists for another Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon for Dr. Ericksen’s practice is not able to absorb the practice of three other busy spine surgeons. All KOC surgeons are fellowship-trained in their subspecialty and hold clinical faculty teaching appointments in the KU Orthopaedic surgery residency program and are eager to welcome another Surgeon to their staff. Physician Assistant and Therapy students also rotate with the practice.
• Partner-track at 2 years
• Level 1 Trauma Center Wesley Medical Center & Wesley Children's Hospital will provide relocation, first year income guarantee
• Partners in this group earn in the highest decile of MGMA earnings for their sub-specialties
• Excellent equipment including Extremity MRI
• Ancillary services of MRI, Therapy and DME
Candidates must be Orthopaedic spine fellowship trained and BE/BC in Orthopaedic Surgery (Residency-trained in the U.S.). Best fit for this group is an entrepreneurial surgeon hungry to build a thriving practice and eager to build a life in the heartland of the Midwest.
Please reply with CV and a cover message regarding reasons for interest in living and working in Wichita!
Find us at http://www.koc-pa.com/