Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Methodist Children's Hospital, San Antonio, TX
Methodist Children's Hospital opened in 1998 as the only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built especially for children. Colorful images and artwork enhance every window and wall to create a welcoming, child-focused environment that includes a two-story tree house in the lobby, play rooms on every floor, and an outdoor play area. The Methodist Children's Hospital offers 24-hour pediatric emergency room, pediatric and neonatal intensive care units, pediatric operating suites, and special outpatient clinics for children with complex illnesses.
Methodist Children's Hospital features the region's only blood and marrow stem cell transplant program offering home for children with leukemia, sickle cell anemia and immunodeficiency syndromes such as SCIDS (severe comprised immune deficiency syndrome). In addition, Methodist Children's Hospital has a complete unit devoted to hematology, oncology and transplants.
The Methodist Children's Heart Institute features a multidisciplinary team of experienced board-certified pediatric cardiologists dedicated to complex congenital cardiac and thoracic diseases, from prenatal diagnosis through adulthood. With six cardiac catheterization suites, the Methodist Children's Heart Institute is the only hospital in South Texas providing interventional and diagnostic procedures including PDA coils, balloon septostomies, balloon dilations and ASD device closures. Cardiothoracic specialty areas include neonatal and infant heart surgery, single ventricle and hypoplastic left heart syndrome, arrhythmia surgery, beating heart surgery, cardiac failure and mechanical support.
Hospital Fast Facts:
Job SummaryMethodist Healthcare System is assisting recruitment efforts for a Pediatric Epileptologist.
The candidate will join and assist:
• A group of 6 physicians,1 Physician Assistant and 1 Nurse Practitioner
• Well established independent pediatric multi-disciplinary group
• Aid in retaining patient care within the community through inpatient and outpatient care.
• Contribute to the successful development of Methodist Children’s Hospital Newest Epilepsy Center.
Methodist Children’s Hospital:
• Only Hospital in San Antonio and South Texas Designed Especially For Children
• 198 Hospital Beds
• 100 Neonatal ICU Beds
• The First- in San Antonio and South Texas- Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) certified by the Texas Department of Health Services.
• New dedicated Children’s Imaging Center
• Dedicated air transport helicopter
The ideal candidate should be:
• BE/BC neurologist
• Additional fellowships training in epilepsy
• Desire to join a comprehensive team in order to assist the development of Methodist’s Pediatric Epilepsy Center
Will I be able to grow a successful practice?
The San Antonio MSA has grown by 11.75% between 2010 and 2016 and is predicted to increase an additional 8.12% by 2021. San Antonio is also projected to welcome 1.1 million new residents by 2040 and demographically represents what the US will look like in the future. This type of growth gives you every advantage to be successful!
What does San Antonio offer?
The city offers more than just great Tex Mex cuisine; in fact it has become a foodie’s dream. Plus, there are over 240 parks and 150 miles worth of waking, hiking and biking trails to help burn off all the delicious food SA has to offer. In case you have not heard, San Antonio is a great place for families as it is home to major theme parks, several museums and the only Smithsonian outside of the Nation’s Capital! The list of amenities goes on and on; the best thing you can do is contact me for more information!