Cardiology Non Invasive
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, San Antonio, TX
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, a campus of Methodist Hospital, is a 330-bed hospital that provides a complete range of health care services to residents of downtown San Antonio and the surrounding area, including Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills and Olmos Park. The facility is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. It is also the only hospital in Texas, and one of only the eighth in the U.S. to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. The hospital campus includes a free standing women’s pavilion, the only free standing facility in downtown San Antonio completely dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies. The hospital is one of Methodist Healthcare’s top performing campuses in Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence in 2014.
Hospital Fast Facts:
Job SummaryMethodist Healthcare System in San Antonio, Texas is assisting to recruit an experienced Interventional Cardiologist for a private practice opportunity. Practice will consider a General Cardiologist that is experienced in performing cardiac catheterizations.
Position is located in the city of Seguin, and practice requires new physician to reside in Seguin, or nearby communities of Schertz or New Braunfels which enjoy great schools, communities, and proximity to nearby San Antonio and Austin, TX.
Candidate must be Board Certified or Board Eligible, and eligible for licensure in Texas. This is a replacement position, and is available immediately.
About the Practice:
• Full service Cardiology practice, with all diagnostics in office (echo, treadmill, nuclear)
• Sees about 100 patients per week
• Caths performed in hospital Monday- Friday as needed; not open weekends
• More complicated procedures come into San Antonio; Nighttime and weekend STEMI patients sent emergently to San Antonio
About the Position:
• 1:3 weekend call (shared with other group)
• Office patient daily with hospital consults, rounds and caths as needed
• Consults and round in hospital are daily-7 days per week; Evening admissions typically covered by hospitalist
• Payor mix is primarily Medicare (approximately 65%), very little uninsured, and some commercial
• Competitive salary and benefits package (medical, malpractice, CME)
• This is a replacement position, therefore, incoming physician can expect to have an immediate patient base