Heart Transplant Surgeon
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Methodist Hospital, San Antonio, TX
Chartered in 1955, Methodist Hospital is the pioneer facility of the now world-renowned South Texas Medical Center. Opened in 1963, Methodist Hospital has grown to be the flagship facility of the Methodist Healthcare System, San Antonio’s largest and most preferred health care provider. Methodist Hospital maintains this excellent reputation with a commitment to the hospital’s value statement that defines quality as meeting the customer’s needs by exceeding their expectations. With nearly 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
Methodist Hospital is San Antonio’s largest private hospital, as well as the largest provider of health care to rural communities in South Texas and international patients from Mexico.
In late 1998, Methodist Hospital opened the Gamma Knife Center, the only one of its kind in San Antonio and South Texas. The Gamma Knife offers new radiosurgical technology designed exclusively for the non-invasive treatment of malignant and benign brain tumors, vascular malformations, and other neurological disorders.
Methodist Hospital offers many advanced imaging technologies that provide clear, detailed x-rays so physicians can diagnose and treat their patients’ diseases. These tools include magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), 3T magnetic resonance imaging, computerized tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET), cerebral angiography and picture arching and communications systems (PACS). PACS captures images through the computer instead of on x-ray film. As a result, physicians with the PACS software installed on their computers can view x-rays in their office, from several locations within the hospital and even from home, providing faster and more convenient access to their patients’ x-rays.
Approximately 2,000 physicians representing virtually all medical specialties comprise the Methodist’s medical staff. It also maintains one of the highest nurse-to-patient ratios in the Southwest.
Hospital Fast Facts:
Job SummaryMethodist Healthcare System and Texas Transplant Institute are recruiting a board-certified adult cardiac transplant surgeon to San Antonio, Texas to serve as the Surgical Director of Cardiac Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support.
Clinical qualifications for this position include:
• Board certification by the American Board of Thoracic Surgeons
• UNOS certification
• 2-5 years of experience, and proficiency in all aspects of adult cardiothoracic surgery, including heart transplantation, VAD, and ECMO
• Texas licensed preferred
Candidate will take a leadership role in establishing surgical quality metrics and actively participate in all Methodist Heart quality improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership experience preferably from a large and busy institution demonstrating strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with both private practice and employed groups.
This is a great opportunity for a surgeon to dedicate their expertise in CT surgery and support the development of an advanced program to support our increasing transplant and cardiothoracic surgical volumes.
The incoming surgeon will enjoy:
• Growing referral base of primary care and subspecialty physicians
• Advanced technologies
• Superb nursing support
As the largest provider of cardiovascular services in South Texas, Methodist Healthcare System offers multiple sub-specialties including heart transplant, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, and Adult Congenital Heart Disease. We utilize state-of-the-art facilities and technology and create an environment for clinical excellence to provide exceptional patient experiences and attract the best and more inspired physicians.
This is a full-time employed position with the multispecialty Methodist Physician Practices physician group. The position offers competitive benefits and a compensation package that is commensurate with training and experience.
About Methodist Healthcare System
• Formed in 1995 by Methodist Hospital’s Board of Trustees, Methodist Healthcare created a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries, South Texas’ largest non-public funding source of community health care; and Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), the nation’s leading provider of health care services.
• Methodist Healthcare is now one of the largest private health care systems in the United States, providing high quality care to patients from San Antonio, its 26-county patient service area and around the world.
• We are recognized as the most trusted and preferred health care provider in South Texas by standing true to our mission- “Serving Humanity to Honor God by providing exceptional and cost-effective healthcare, accessible to all.”
About San Antonio
• San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the U.S. with a population of just over 2 million. The San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area has grown by 11.75% between 2010 and 2016 and is predicted to increase an additional 8.12% by 2021.
• Affordable lifestyle and living; urban amenities with the beautiful Texas Hill country nearby.
• The city, home of the Spurs basketball team, boasts over 50 golf courses; several art galleries; more than 25 museums; over 40 performing arts venues; theme parks, and over 240 parks and 150 miles of walking, hiking, and biking trails to burn off all the delicious food SA has to offer!