Nurse Prac - Acute Care
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Largo Medical Center, Largo, FL
Largo Medical Center is an all private room, 425-bed statutory teaching hospital serving Tampa Bay area residents from three locations in Pinellas County. The hospital’s Transplant Institute of Florida is one of only eight programs in the state performing kidney transplant services with liver transplants added in 2016.
The hospital features a wide of comprehensive programs including behavioral health, Florida Breast Institute, cardiovascular services including a certified Afib & Heart Rhythm Center (SCPC), clinical research, Company Care occupational health, emergency care, imaging and diagnostic services, knee care at the Florida Knee and Orthopedic Pavilion, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, spine and neurological care at the Florida Spine & Neuro Center and weight loss/bariatric surgery at the Florida Bariatric Centers.
Located next to a golf course and not far from the Pinellas beaches, Largo offers great Florida living. The hospital’s GME program is the West Coast Academic Center for NOVA Southeastern University and affiliated with the USF Morsani College of Medicine. For more information, visit www.LargoMedical.com
Job SummaryInpatient Glycemic Optimization Nurse Practitioner
Be a part of implementing a cutting-edge program to improve glucose control for hospitalized patients!
Glycemic Optimization Nurse Practitioner opportunity. Hospital-based inpatient only position managing patients’ glucose values throughout the hospital. Preferred at least 2-year experience caring for patients in internal medicine, acute care, chronic disease management or endocrinology setting and prior experience in leadership or program development. Strong communication and change management skills must be demonstrated from prior experience.
Will provide training in specialized diabetes management and inpatient glucose control.
• Provide consultation services, in conjunction with the supervising physician, for hospital providers to manage patients with hyperglycemia in the adult Med/Surg, EDand critical care areas
• Facilitate adoption and optimize utilization of software-guided insulin dosing tool for IV and subQ insulin as well as training and empowering nursing super users to assist appropriate usage
• Identify patients that would benefit from Glycemic Optimization program and communicate with other providers
• Help patients manage their well-being through patient education
• Identify knowledge gaps and educate Physicians, Residents, Pharmacists and Nurses regarding Glycemic Optimization to provide consistent and high-quality care
• Lead monthly multi-disciplinary Glycemic Optimization meetings with key hospital leaders to share program metrics of both adoption and clinical outcomes while identifying and implementing program improvements
• Hours: M-F, 7:00a – 3:30p or flexible
• Inpatient only
• Masters of Science degree in Nursing
• National certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
• Current APRN or Physician Assistant active license
• BLS/ACLS Certification
• Two years practice experience preferred
• Employment through HCA Physician Services Group with full benefits
• 401K and CME allowance
This is an exceptional opportunity for a NP to become trained and proficient in a cutting edge program with exceptional results.