General Surgery GME Program Director
Surgery General - GME
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
JFK Medical Center, Atlantis, FL
JFK Medical Center, originally named John F. Kennedy Hospital as the first memorial to our nation's 35th president, was founded in 1966 as a community hospital.
Today, JFK Medical Center has evolved into a 460-bed acute care medical/ surgical facility and healthcare complex specializing in cardiovascular care, neuroscience, oncology services, orthopedics and bariatrics.
Our level of service and team of professionals rank among the best in the nation with over 500 physicians, 2200 healthcare professionals and 300 volunteers. We are please to continue to receive recognition as a quality hospital with our designations by the Joint Commission on Accreditation on Healthcare Organization (JCAHO) as a certified primary stroke center as well as a recipient of the Consumer Choice Award for West Palm Beach for Most Preferred Hospital for Overall Quality and Image presented by the National Research Corporation.
Atlantis is a small community that is part of the large Palm Beach Metro area. Palm Beach, a mere three-blocks wide and 14 miles long, it is a barrier island connected to the mainland by three primary bridges in the center of town.
Whether you're interested in the family-oriented quiet streets and sandy beaches or want to experience the "Greenwich Village" lifestyle near Main Street, where a fanciful mix of old and new houses, along with apartments and condominiums, share the walking ambiance to small shops, grocers and a host of outdoor restaurants, there are endless possibilities.
• Accredited Chest Pain Center with
Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
• Advanced comprehensive stroke center
• Behavioral health services (adult)
• Breast MRI
• Cardiac catheterization & angioplasty
• Cardiac and vascular rehabilitation
• Cardiac rehabilitation
• Comprehensive cancer services
• Orthopedic and Spine Institute
• Diabetes certification from
• Diabetes management
• Digital mammography
and 3D tomosynthesis
• Emergency medicine
• Heart & vascular care
• Intraoperative radiation therapy
• Kid-friendly ER
• Kidney dialysis
• Neuroscience Institute
• Open heart procedures
• Rehabilitation center
• Robotic-assisted surgery
• Sleep disorders center
• Two off-site emergency rooms
• Weight loss surgery
• Wound care
• Named one of the nation’s top 50 cardiovascular
hospitals by Truven Health Analytics
• Busiest electrophysiology lab in the southeast
• Busiest ER in the county with over 95,000
• Named one of the nation’s top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission
Job SummaryHCA East Florida is seeking a Program Director to lead JFK Medical Center's existing ACGME General Surgery Residency Program in Palm Beach County. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader.
• Must have previous experience as a Core Faculty member, Associate Program Director, or Program Director in an ACGME –accredited General Surgery program
• Must be clinically active in General Surgery
• Must be Board Certified in General Surgery
• Have previous leadership / administrative experience
• Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates with prior Program Director or Associate Program Director experience, recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.