TriStar Hendersonville is seeking a Part-Time Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center, Hendersonville, TN
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center:
• 148 licensed beds
• 500+ staff
• 200+ physicians
• TriStar Portland ER & Diagnostic Center
• TriStar Women’s Imaging – Hendersonville
• The Outpatient Center at TriStar Hendersonville
• Accredited by The Joint Commission
• Sumner County’s First Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
• Certified Primary Stroke Center
• College of American Pathologists
• 22,000 sq. ft. Birth Center Includes Northern Nashville Region’s Only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Six Bed, Level II), 14 Private Birthing Suites and a Lactation Boutique
• Advanced Wound Care Center featuring hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy
• Middle Tennessee’s only da Vinci Xi robotic surgery system
• The Nashville, TN region is home to more than 1.8 million people and more than 40,000 businesses.
• More than 250 healthcare companies are headquartered in the Nashville region, making healthcare the #1 industry!
• Home to corporate headquarter giants including Nissan North America, Bridgestone Americas, Dollar General, and HCA.
• Tennessee has the second lowest state and local tax burden per capita, and no state income tax!
• Nashville is rated by both Frommer’s and Travel and Leisure as one of “The Best Places to Go in 2017”
• Home to the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds
• For more community information, visit www.VisitMusicCity.com and www.NashvilleChamber.com
Job SummaryTriStar Hendersonville is currently seeking a Part-Time Chief Medical Officer with proven leadership and strong commitment to quality excellence.
TriStar Hendersonville, a 134 bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs, has proudly provided quality healthcare to Sumner and surrounding counties for more than 35 years. TriStar Hendersonville is the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Sumner County, increasing the likelihood of survival in a cardiac emergency by 37 percent. An affiliate of TriStar Health System, TriStar Hendersonville provides access to the most comprehensive healthcare network in the region
The CMO leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; reviews quality performance with hospital leadership; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; The CMO reports directly to the CEO and serves as the line officer for the Quality Department including quality, regulatory compliance, risk management/safety, infection control, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; facilitates hospital-wide medical staff integration; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians. The CMO will be an independent contractor, working 20 hours per week.
• Licensed in the state of Tennessee as an M.D. or D.O. with Board Certification in a clinical discipline.
• Ideally, has been a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system.
• Graduate degree in business or comparable degree is a decided plus.
• Minimum five years of clinical practice experience.
• Qualified candidates must display the ability to communicate effectively, inspire individual and organizational excellence, and align conduct with ethical and professional standards that include a responsibility to the patient and community, a service orientation, and a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement.