Pathology Medical Director
Pathology Anatomic and Clinical
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Kendall Regional Medical Center, Miami, FL
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 417-bed, full-service hospital providing the residents of Miami-Dade County with 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, surgical, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services. Kendall Regional Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including:
•Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals
•HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence
•The Joint Commission certification as a Primary Stroke Center
•Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
•Recognized by US News and World Report for receiving The American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines – Stroke Gold award
•Recognized by the Joint Commission as a “Top Performer” on key quality measures.
Our Mission: To deliver quality, compassionate, and cost effective Healthcare services, in a safe environment, through operational excellence to our West Dade residents, recognizing the cultural diversity of the Community we serve.
Come live in the MAGIC CITY. Miami offers a variety of community types and a multitude of lifestyle activities. Use the link below to see more about this diverse community on Florida's east coast.
• Accredited chest pain center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
• Advanced Diagnostics
• Behavioral Health
• Breast Diagnostic Services
• Burn Care Services (Adult and Pediatric)
• Cardiac & Vascular Care
• Comprehensive Stroke Center
• Critical Care Intensivist Program
• Joint Replacement
• Maternity Services
• Neonatal Intensive Care Units Level II & III
• Neurology & Neurosurgery
• Orthopedic & Spine Surgery
• Outpatient Physical Therapy
• Pediatric Orthopedic & General Surgery
• Pediatric Services (Inpatient & Outpatient)
• Robotic Surgery
• Trauma Care Services
• One of two adult and pediatric trauma centers in Miami-Dade County
o 3,508 Trauma patients treated
• Graduate Medical Education Programs in Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, and Podiatry
• Level III NICU, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and American College of Surgeons Verified Trauma Center
Job SummaryHCA East Florida is recruiting for a Medical Director for Forward Pathology Services (FPS), a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA. FPS provides professional pathology services to its network of 45 hospitals throughout the country as well as commercial outreach clients. This is a high-level, working leadership position to include approximately 90% Clinical and 10% Administrative responsibilities, to include:
• Provide administrative supervision and leadership for pathology services at assigned hospital, including advising on policies and procedures.
• Facilitate achievement of annual quality and efficiency goals in the pathology services of the assigned hospital.
• Manage clinical initiatives of hospital, Division and the Company.
• Attend all required committee meetings and manage schedule for assigned hospital.
• Manage the associate pathologists and pathology assistants at assigned hospital.
• Cultivate excellent working relationships with lab staff, including but not limited to, Administrative Director and Histology staff.
AP/CP Board Certification is required
3 years recent hospital-based Medical Director Experience is required in a large or multi-hospital setting
5-8 years out of Fellowship
Florida licensed or FCVS in place
Excellent interpersonal skills and experience managing a large group
Excellent base salary and full benefit package