Pathology Medical Director
Pathology Anatomic and Clinical
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Kendall Regional Medical Center, Miami, FL
A large full service hospital with 600 physicians on staff, providing a complete continuum of care for the residents of Kendall and the surrounding Miami/Dade Area. It is a dynamic facility committed to continual expansion to match the rapid growth and diversity of the community. Emphasis on: ER, advanced diagnostic services, cardiovascular services, pediatric services, maternity and rehabilitative services.
Our hospital puts strong emphasis on: ER Advanced Diagnostic Services Cardiovascular Services Pediatric Services "Kidsville" Maternity Suites Rehabilitative Services
Our Mission: To deliver quality, compassionate, and cost effective Healthcare services, in a safe environment, through operational excellence to our West Dade residents, recognizing the cultural diversity of the Community we serve.
Come live in the MAGIC CITY. Miami offers a variety of community types and a multitude of lifestyle activities. Use the link below to see more about this diverse community on Florida's east coast.
• 24-hour emergency service (adult & pediatric)
• Accredited chest pain center with percutaneous coronary Intervention
• Advanced diagnostics
• Behavioral health
• Breast diagnostic services
• Burn care services (adult & pediatric)
• Cardiac & vascular care
• Intensivist program
• Joint Commission certified primary stroke center
• Joint replacement
• Maternity services
• Neonatal intensive care units
(NICU levels II & III)
• Neurology & neurosurgery
• Orthopedic & spine surgery
• Outpatient physical therapy
• Pediatric orthopedic & general surgery
• Pediatric services
(inpatient & outpatient)
• Robotic surgery
• Trauma care services
• One of only three adult trauma centers in Miami- Dade County
• 1,294 trauma patients treated
• Graduate medical education programs in internal
medicine, general surgery and podiatry
• Level III NICU, pediatric intensive care unit and
level II trauma center
Job SummaryHCA East Florida is recruiting for a Medical Director for Forward Pathology Services (FPS), a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA. FPS provides professional pathology services to its network of 45 hospitals throughout the country as well as commercial outreach clients. This is a high-level, working leadership position to include approximately 90% Clinical and 10% Administrative responsibilities, to include:
• Provide administrative supervision and leadership for pathology services at assigned hospital, including advising on policies and procedures.
• Facilitate achievement of annual quality and efficiency goals in the pathology services of the assigned hospital.
• Manage clinical initiatives of hospital, Division and the Company.
• Attend all required committee meetings and manage schedule for assigned hospital.
• Manage the associate pathologists and pathology assistants at assigned hospital.
• Cultivate excellent working relationships with lab staff, including but not limited to, Administrative Director and Histology staff.
AP/CP Board Certification is required
3 years hospital-based Medical Director Experience is required in a large or multi-hospital setting
5-8 years out of Fellowship
Florida licensed or FCVS in place
Excellent interpersonal skills and experience managing a large group
Excellent base salary and full benefit package