Residency Program needs Assistant Program Director
Internal Medicine - GME
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center, Aventura, FL
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center was founded in 1965 as Golden Isles Hospital in Hallandale Beach. The hospital relocated to its present location in 1974 and was renamed Aventura Hospital and Medical center in 1993. The fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility provides award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services.
In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we have invested $130 million in expanding and renovating the hospital. The new North Patient Tower features 243 private rooms with private baths, the newest technologically advanced patient care equipment, a 28 bed-Emergency Department, 2 new ICU units, the Surgical Services Suite with 10 new oversized operating rooms, a new Main Entrance and much more.
• Accredited Chest Pain Center with
Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
• Breast diagnostic center
• Cardiac catheterization & angioplasty
• Cardiac and vascular rehabilitation
• Comprehensive cancer services
• Comprehensive Stroke Center
• Digital mammography
• Emergency medicine
• Heart & vascular care
• Hyperbaric medicine
• Inpatient and outpatient
behavioral health services
• Interventional radiology
• Joint Commission Certified
Primary Stroke Center
• Kid-friendly ER
• Kidney dialysis
• Occupational health services
• Open-heart procedures
• Orthopedic and Spine Institute
• Outpatient diabetes program
• Provisional Level II Trauma
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Rehabilitation center
• Robotic-assisted surgery
• Sleep Disorders Center
• South Florida Valve Institute
• Weight loss surgery
• Women’s services
• Wound care
• Joint Commission certified in total hip and knee replacements
• Graduate medical education programs – internal
medicine and general surgery
• Received the Gold Plus Stroke Award from the
American Heart Association
Job SummaryAventura Hospital and Medical Center is hiring an Associate Program Director to join its established Internal Medicine Residency Program. The fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility provides award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, a Level II Trauma program, medical, surgical and cancer services. Located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, Aventura offers a great quality of life.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees the resident’s clinical care of patients in their Continuity Clinic
2. Provides direct patient care both IP and OP setting.
3. Prepares and participates in lectures, curriculum development, resident evaluations, and when appropriate writing letters of recommendation.
4. Oversee quality improvement for cancer screening, cardiovascular risk management, etc. and Chronic disease management
5. Assists in overseeing the activities of the residents and other faculty members.
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited residency program in Internal Medicine
- Able to obtain medical licensure in the State of Florida and medical staff privileges
- Possess and maintain current certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Possess documented clinical and academic experience to ensure effective implementation of the program requirements of internal medicine residency programs.
- Must be a clinician with a broad knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to internal medicine as a discipline, and to the generalist training of residents
- Prior resident clinic experience and background in Research and QI strongly preferred
- Three Years for academic ACGME experience