Employed Critical Care Opportunity in Chattanooga, TN!
Pulmonary Critical Care
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Parkridge Medical Center, Chattanooga, TN
Parkridge Medical Center, a member of the TriStar Health System, has provided excellent healthcare to Chattanooga since we opened our doors on February 28, 1971.
Our approach to healthcare is on the cutting edge, but our soul is in traditional medicine. Patients and family members come first. We have had a long-standing commitment to our community and mission to provide compassionate care close to home. It is this commitment that has fueled our growth, energized our staff, satisfied our patients and propelled us to become an outstanding healthcare facility. We are very proud that Parkridge has a Pastoral Care Service to help our patients with life's difficulties.
Chattanooga, Tennessee, a progressive centrally located mid-size city in the Southeast, has often been described as a city on the move. Noted as "The Scenic City" it is nestled in the heart of the mountains where the states of Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee converge, two hours of Atlanta and Nashville with an MSA population of 479,435 residents. Over the years, the city has been sited as one of "America's Top-Rated Cities" (A Statistical Handbook, 2002); "Top 10 City" in which to live and play by (Outside Magazine, Fall of 2001); "Top 10 Southern Mid-Markets with Highly Diversified Economies" (Southern Business & Development); and as one of the "Smartest Cities in the World" in which to live (U.S. News & World Report).
Outdoor activities are abundant ranging from hang-gliding off Lookout Mountain, to floating down the Sequatchie River, to biking and horseback riding through the scenic countryside. If you are a water sport enthusiast, you will want to visit nearby Nickajack and Chickamauga Lakes or kayak/raft down the Great Ocoee River (host to the 1997 Summer Olympics). The area also has numerous challenging golf courses (Chattanooga plays host to the Provident Classic, a PGA event). The public school system in the area is very good - excellent local private schools providing unsurpassed educational opportunities. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga offers a wide range of majors in undergraduate, graduate courses as well as medical education and The University of The South at Sewanee, TN is known worldwide for its excellent liberal arts program.
This vibrant city blends "Big City" amenities with an ease of a smaller city offering: a friendly/safe atmosphere in which to live, easy commuting (excellent transportation infrastructure), moderate cost of living, $120 million revitalized riverfront, very active Arts Council, Museums and an extensive green way system. Tennessee is one of few states in the U.S. without a Personal Income Tax. East TN boasts a moderate climate with four distinctive seasons. While snowfall is normal in the nearby mountains, both snowfall and extremely cold temperatures are minimal in the area. The summers are typically in the 80’s and 90’s while Spring and Fall have warm days and cool evenings with vivid foliage and a great many clear, sunny days.
Job SummaryICC (Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcare has joined HCA, one of the nation’s largest healthcare networks, to change the way critical care medicine is practiced. Our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve. We are looking for Critical Care Trained Physicians with experience leading teams and improving quality measures to join us in our mission to make a difference in the care of every patient every day at Parkridge Medical Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Opportunity Specifics – Parkridge Medical Center
• 24 Bed Med/Surg ICU
• 12 shifts per month
• 24/7 provider coverage – day program with APP night coverage
• Hospitalist support for admissions
• 100% Critical Care
About ICC Healthcare
• ICC Healthcare employees over 250 providers in 32 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
• Last year, our providers had over 140,000 patient encounters nationwide.
• We are part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates over 170 facilities in 20 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
The ICC Difference
• The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
• Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
• We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
• We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
• Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA’s commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
• Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, and more
• Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring
• Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling
• Occurrence based malpractice Insurance
• Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections
• Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities
Parkridge Medical Center in downtown Chattanooga, is an Accredited Chest Pain Center offering comprehensive healthcare services that include a 24-hour emergency department, cardiology, orthopedics, robotics and surgical services in addition to oncology services at Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The 275-bed facility provides cutting edge healthcare is on the cutting edge, but our soul is in traditional medicine. Patients and family members come first. We have had a long-standing commitment to our community and mission to provide compassionate care close to home. It is this commitment that has fueled our growth, energized our staff, satisfied our patients and propelled us to become an outstanding healthcare facility. We are very proud that Parkridge has a Pastoral Care Service to help our patients with life's difficulties.
Community Information – Chattanooga, Tennessee
Chattanooga, Tennessee is one of the top destinations in the South. Named "Best Town Ever" twice! In fact, the New York Times named Chattanooga one of the "Top 45 Places to go" in the World. And it's no wonder. Tucked between the mountains of Southeast Tennessee, along the beautiful Tennessee River, Chattanooga is one of America's most breathtaking cities. There's a world of outdoor adventure, amazing restaurants, live events, art and world-class attractions waiting for you here.
When away from work, enjoy all the benefits of living in Chattanooga, Tennessee, one of the country’s premiere outdoor cities.
• Climbing – world class climbing destination
• Hiking – over 50 trailheads within 30 minutes of downtown
• Mountain Biking – miles and miles of premium MTB singletrack and great weather for year-round biking
• White Water Paddling – some of the best quality expert whitewater streams in the world
The community is welcoming and diverse offering great schools, affordable housing, and big cities amenities with small town charm.
What else can you ask for? You don’t even have to ask…Chattanooga delivers.