Psychiatrists needed in the Treasure Coast of FL
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
St. Lucie Medical Center, Port Saint Lucie, FL
Community, Facility, & Organization
St Lucie is a 194 bed acute-care, full service medical center and a leading provider of quality affordable health care. Because we believe in "Quality, Excellence and Commitment," we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies.
Located in the heart of Florida's Treasure (east central) Coast, Port St. Lucie offers some of Florida's finest beaches, rich history, including an oceanic archeological preserve set amidst shipwrecked Spanish galleons of 1715, beautiful nature preserves, famous golf courses and an exciting array of events and festivals. Over 21 miles of award-winning pristine beaches nearby for the outdoor enthusiast. . Spring training camp for the NY Mets. 197 bed acute care full service hospital serving Port St. Lucie and the surrounding community of 191,000. This area has a minimal amount of managed care- majority of payors are fee for service.
• Birthing center/obstetrics
• Breast care center/Digital mammography
• Cancer care
• Cardiac catheterization lab
• Inpatient and outpatient ehabilitation
• Interventional radiology
• Orthopedic & Spine Institute
• Radiology/diagnostic imaging
• Respiratory therapy
• Senior-friendly ER
• Sleep center
• Women’s services
• Orthopedic & Spine Institute: the most dvanced innovations by top physicians n a resort-inspired environment
• Senior-friendly ER goes the extra mile to ensure our seniors receive the best care
• Joint Commission Accredited Wound Center; Primary Stroke Center
• Designated as a Top Performer by The Joint Commission
Job SummaryHCA's St. Lucie Medical Center is in need of a BE/BC Psychiatrist for their Hospital Employed practice located along the Treasure Coast of Florida. This will be an inpatient and outpatient opportunity. Our team of Psychiatrists covers a 22 bed inpatient unit. We have an outpatient office across the street from the hospital. Below is information regarding the positions:
• The Outpatient practice office provides private office visits with a Psychiatrist for Psychiatric evaluations, Medication management and Individual therapy. In addition, the Outpatient practice offers Individual and Family Therapy with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Outpatient practice office hours are M-F from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Psychiatrists take call for 7 days in a row , including his/her weekend. The 4th week is covered by a community physician who is contracted.
• Daily Inpatient coverage requires 2 FT to complete pt. rounding, provide consultations for the medical departments, complete 1st and 2nd opinions, and also , as needed, cover court hearings as delegated by the Medical Director. (Medical Director will only delegate court to other Psychiatrist during times of illness, vacation, emergencies)
• We have opened an IOP-Intensive Outpatient Program; 3 evenings / week M, W, Th. from 5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. There is an opportunity for one of the FT Psychiatrists to be appointed as the Medical Director for this program. The IOP Medical Director will provide a minimum of 10 hrs/month for IOP oversight and supervision, in addition to conducting initial Psychiatric assessments, and bi-weekly visits, and orders for admissions/discharges.
• The average number of consults/day is 5.
• The average Inpatient census is 17, so no more than 7-8 patients per psychiatrist.
• We are seeking Senior/Adult/Adolescent Psychiatrists; Board Certified. We're planning to open an Adolescent Unit in 2016.
• We are seeking a Psychiatrist who will provide ECT in partnership with our Inpatient Medical Director. When the Adolescent Unit opens, we will need to appoint a Medical Director to that unit.
• Competitive Salary, benefits, WRVU bonus, relocation allowance and Medical Malpractice offered