Employed Maternal Fetal Medicine Opportunity for New Program in San Antonio, Texas
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Methodist Children's Hospital, San Antonio, TX
Methodist Children's Hospital opened in 1998 as the only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built especially for children. Colorful images and artwork enhance every window and wall to create a welcoming, child-focused environment that includes a two-story tree house in the lobby, play rooms on every floor, and an outdoor play area. The Methodist Children's Hospital offers 24-hour pediatric emergency room, pediatric and neonatal intensive care units, pediatric operating suites, and special outpatient clinics for children with complex illnesses.
Methodist Children's Hospital features the region's only blood and marrow stem cell transplant program offering home for children with leukemia, sickle cell anemia and immunodeficiency syndromes such as SCIDS (severe comprised immune deficiency syndrome). In addition, Methodist Children's Hospital has a complete unit devoted to hematology, oncology and transplants.
The Methodist Children's Heart Institute features a multidisciplinary team of experienced board-certified pediatric cardiologists dedicated to complex congenital cardiac and thoracic diseases, from prenatal diagnosis through adulthood. With six cardiac catheterization suites, the Methodist Children's Heart Institute is the only hospital in South Texas providing interventional and diagnostic procedures including PDA coils, balloon septostomies, balloon dilations and ASD device closures. Cardiothoracic specialty areas include neonatal and infant heart surgery, single ventricle and hypoplastic left heart syndrome, arrhythmia surgery, beating heart surgery, cardiac failure and mechanical support.
Hospital Fast Facts:
Job SummaryAt Methodist Healthcare in San Antonio, Texas we empower our physicians to build a solid career while providing the best quality of care to our over 1.4 million residents. The vibrant and energetic metropolis of San Antonio serves our residents and physicians well, providing a high quality of life with numerous amenities at their disposal.
Due to community need and explosive growth, we are seeking Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians to join a new employed program within Methodist Children’s Hospital. This is a wonderful opportunity to utilize your training and technical proficiency, while also having a voice in the development of this program and the support of a large and successful healthcare system.
• Full time employed position
• New program within Methodist Children’s Hospital
• Strong referral program with community OBGYNs
• Located in the heart of the San Antonio medical center
• The group covers Methodist Children’s Hospital with one of the largest newborn intensive care units in the region
• Methodist Children’s Hospital’s Level 4 NICU features 94 beds over 19,000 square feet (largest in the city)
• MCH offers the most advanced technology and highest level of neonatal intensive care available
• Hospital averages 5,000 births per year
• We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package
• Health, life, vision, dental and disability insurance
• Annual CME allowance
• Relocation assistance
• Professional liability insurance
• Assistance with hospital credentialing and state licensing
• Texas has tort reform and no state income tax
• Board Certified or Board Eligible Maternal Fetal Medicine physician
• Texas licensed, or eligible for licensure in Texas
• Fellowship trained in Maternal Fetal Medicine
• San Antonio has a thriving economy, an affordable housing market and excellent public and private schools and universities.
• Whether you prefer family-friendly communities, suburban living or high-rise living, there are many options that will suit any lifestyle.
• Due to its temperate climate, residents can enjoy golf and other outdoor activities all year long.
• San Antonio is a major city in south-central Texas with a rich colonial heritage, offering historical favorites with the Alamo, beautiful and impressive 1700s architecture of the Spanish Missions, as well as old cottages and homes from the German settlement in the 1800-1900’s.
• Outdoor adventures offer the underground caves of Natural Bridge Caverns, a 38-acre botanical garden, a Six Flags amusement park, top rated golf courses, and an abundance of state parks, rivers and lakes.
• Although rich with history, the city is filled with modern amenities – a thriving arts and theatre community, exciting nightlife, and an abundance of top rated restaurants with award winning chefs