Rare Opportunity to Build Emergency Medicine Residency Program in Houston!
Emergency Medicine - GME
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, Webster, TX
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, (www.clearlakemc.com) is a 536-bed tertiary regional referral center where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Women’s services at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center are as varied and unique as each woman. Our team provides the most advanced care in OB/GYN, reproductive problems, and breast health.
When it comes to children, we understand exactly how precious they are – and that’s why we have dedicated more resources to caring for kids than any other hospital in the area. Our board-certified pediatricians are experts in a broad range of specialties, from neonatology to nephrology and beyond.
We have opened a 70,000-square foot medical office building within walking distance of the main hospital towers, The Breast Diagnostic Center, and The Heart & Vascular Hospital. We are the only exclusive heart hospital south of Houston. Our accredited center provides nationally-recognized care in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery of cardiovascular diseases.
But that’s not all your local Clear Lake hospital has to offer:
• At the Breast Diagnostic Center, a designated "Center of Excellence," our team is dedicated to breast health. We utilize the most advanced technology in the mission toward prevention and early detection of cancer.
• Cancer care at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary affair. We believe in attending to more than just the initial process of locating a tumor.
Diabetes management begins and ends with a team approach at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center. Our certified educators, registered dietitians, and specialized nurses work with you and your family to develop a management plan unique to your personal needs.
• Our Level III emergency department is equipped to manage every illness from sudden fevers to traumatic injuries. With a dedicated waiting and treatment area for children, we provide extra care for the smallest ones.
• At our ACR-accredited imaging center, state-of-the-art digital technology means you receive the most accurate diagnosis available.
• One-on-one therapy is one the many reasons our Inpatient Rehabilitation Center is unique. Our hospital-based program provides the best rehabilitation experience possible in the Bay Area Houston region.
• Our neuroscience and neurology department is at the forefront of cutting-edge and minimally-invasive technology, resulting in the best possible outcomes for patients in need of neurological or stroke care.
• Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery is available at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center. For both inpatient and outpatient procedures, we perform routine and complex surgeries and emergency and elective procedures.
• Our wound treatment center offers a variety of treatment methods, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy, as well as procedures for determining the reasons why healing is being prevented.
Thirty minutes south of Houston, Clear Lake (www.texasexplorer.com/clearlake.htm) is home to NASA’s Johnson Space Center which trains America’s astronauts and coordinates the development of the U.S. space missions. Excellent public and private schools, choice neighborhoods and great shopping and entertainment abound. Clear Lake is convenient to nearby Hobby Airport, the sunny beaches of Galveston, water sports on Galveston Bay and the entertainment and dining of Kemah Boardwalk. Clear Lake also offers easy access to the world-class amenities and offerings of the nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston, one of the country’s most diverse cities.
Job SummaryAt HCA, we believe graduate medical education is much more than medical training. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s physicians to care for and improve human life by focusing on patient-centered approaches to practicing the latest evidence-based medicine. As the nation’s top-performing healthcare system, we believe in challenging our residents to exceed our patient’s expectations at every turn. Today, we have more than 203 residency and fellowship programs in 43 hospitals across 13 states. Over the next five years, we will invest in 100 more programs that will offer 5,000 residency positions, making HCA one of, if not, the leading provider of graduate medical education in the country.
The Texas Gulf Coast region is one of the key geographic strategies for the expansion of HCA’s GME programs. Though this is the 4th largest city in the US and the Texas Medical Center is located here, there are currently only two emergency medicine residency programs here! As such, HCA is seeking an Emergency Medicine Program Director to lead in the development and implementation of a new Emergency Medicine Residency Program for the Houston area. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
• Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
• Have previous leadership / administrative experience
• Be willing to combine administrative and teaching responsibilities (50/50)
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have 3 years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program and graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations are highly encouraged to apply.