Intensivist Needed in West Palm Beach
Anesthesiology Critical Care
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Palms West Hospital, Loxahatchee, FL
Palms West Hospital has provided healthcare excellence since 1986. We are a thriving, comprehensive, acute care community hospital that provides a full complement of specialty services. As the only hospital in the Western Communities with a dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department, Palms West is a leader in pediatric care. What truly makes us special are our people: a team of compassionate, dedicated healthcare professionals working toward a central focus, our patients.
Key Programs and Services:
The Children’s Hospital at Palms West offers a comprehensive approach to pediatric healthcare services. For life’s unexpected moments, you can count on the care of our pediatric emergency services. Staffed by Pediatric Specialists 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and providing a special place that is calming to children and assuring to parents. The Children’s Hospital at Palms West is the only hospital within the Western Communities with a dedicated pediatric department that includes Emergency Services, Pediatric Hematology & Oncology, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatric Urology.
Palms West Hospital has two da Vinci® Si Surgical Systems. Our surgeons perform robotic surgery for gynecology, urological and general surgery. Robotic surgery is an effective, minimally invasive alternative to both open surgery and laparoscopy. Compared to more traditional procedures, robotic-assisted surgery results in reduced recovery times, less risk of infection, less blood loss and reduced trauma to the body.
As an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Palms West Hospital ensures that patients who come to the hospital complaining of chest pain or discomfort are given the immediate treatment necessary to avoid as much heart damage as possible.
"Your New Life Center" believes in promoting positive family bonds by offering family-centered maternity care. This department is focused on providing the mother, baby and family with a safe and memorable birthing experience. From our experienced, caring doctors and nurses to the most advanced technology, we deliver an unparalleled level of comfort. We also offer a number of childbirth classes for our expectant moms, siblings and the entire family.
Dedication and skill is exemplified by our highly trained surgeons, experts in the treatment of every bone and joint in the human body. The Orthopedic Center utilizes less invasive joint replacement techniques using stronger, more durable materials. We provide pre-operative education classes to address any questions or concerns about the surgical process and recovery.
This is an exciting year for Palms West Hospital. Construction is well underway for a 32-bed expansion project, which will bring us to 204 total beds. We are excited about this expansion and look forward to the benefits it will bring to our patients and the communities we serve for many years to come.
Palms West is located in a wonderful family community with planned communities, golf, the Palm Beach Polo and Country Club, equestrian park. Wonderful weather and schools. A great suburb with everything at your fingertips!
• Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
• Breast center
• Cardiac catheterization
• Digital mammography
• Emergency medicine
• Imaging center
• Orthopedic & Spine Center
• Outpatient Rehabilitation Center (adult & pediatric)
• Pediatric emergency center
• Pediatrics intensive care
• Primary Stroke Center
• Sedation (adult & pediatric)
• Surgical services/da Vinci
• The New Life Center: obstetrics & birthing suites
• Wound care
• Recognized as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
• Designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the State Department of Health and Human Services
• Earned a Center of Excellence COEMIG designation in minimally invasive gynecology by the AAGL and Surgical Review Corporation
• Named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission for exemplary performance in using evidence based clinical processes that are shown to improve heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia
Job SummaryICC (Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcare has partnered with HCA, one of the nation’s largest healthcare networks, to change the way critical care medicine is practiced. Our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve. We are looking for BC/BE Critical Care trained physicians to join us in our mission to make a difference in the care of every patient every day.
About ICC Healthcare
• ICC Healthcare employees over 240 providers in 29 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
• Last year, our providers had over 140,000 patient encounters nationwide.
• We are part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates over 165 facilities in 19 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
The ICC Difference
• The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
• Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
• We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
• We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
• Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA’s commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
• Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, and more
• Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring
• Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling
• Occurrence based malpractice Insurance
• Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections
• PRN, part-time, fulltime, locum tenens and travel opportunities
• Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities