Intensivist Needed in West Palm Beach
Emergency Critical Care Medicine
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Palms West Hospital, Loxahatchee, FL
Palms West Hospital has provided healthcare excellence since 1986. We are a thriving, comprehensive, acute care hospital offering a wide range of specialty services. What truly makes Palms West Hospital special is our people; a team of compassionate, dedicated healthcare professionals working toward a central focus, our patients. We continue to grow and expand while offering the latest technological advances, patient safety initiatives and the best in healthcare to our patients.
Located on a spacious 94-acre campus, our 204-bed facility offers top-quality care for a full complement of healthcare services. Palms West has established a position of medical leadership by listening to the needs of people in our community and responding with compassionate, quality health care and innovative new services that meet those needs. We invite you to explore our website to view an overview of our services. We welcome you to contact us with specific questions or suggestions on how we can better serve you and your family. Quality healthcare and information you can trust – That’s the winning combination of Palms West Hospital.
Palms West is located in a wonderful family community with planned communities, golf, the Palm Beach Polo and Country Club, equestrian park. Wonderful weather and schools. A great suburb with everything at your fingertips!
• Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
• Breast center
• Cardiac catheterization
• Digital mammography
• Emergency medicine
• Imaging center
• Orthopedic & Spine Center
• Outpatient Rehabilitation Center (adult & pediatric)
• Pediatric emergency center
• Pediatrics intensive care
• Primary Stroke Center
• Sedation (adult & pediatric)
• Surgical services/da Vinci
• The New Life Center: obstetrics & birthing suites
• Wound care
Awards & Accolades:
Accredited Chest Pain Center
Palms West Hospital is recognized as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Palms West Hospital undertook a rigorous evaluation of our heart care processes in order to integrate the industry’s best practices and newest processes into our cardiac care services.
Primary Stroke Center
We are designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the State Department of Health and Human Services. In order to receive this designation Palms West demonstrated compliance with Joint Commission Standards for health care quality and safety. The designation of Primary Stroke Center means that state authorities have acknowledged that stroke care has reached a new level here at Palms West Hospital.
Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology
Palms West Hospital has earned a Center of Excellence COEMIG designation in Minimally Invasive Gynecology by the AAGL and Surgical Review Corporation. The COEMIG program is focused on improving the safety and quality of gynecologic patient care and lowering the overall costs associated with successful treatment.
Top Tier Best Regional Hospital
In 2011, Palms West Hospital was recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the Top Tier Best Regional Hospitals in the specialty area of gynecology. We attribute this distinction to our wonderful physicians and staff that made this designation possible.
The American College of Radiology Accreditation
Our Imaging Center is accredited by The American College of Radiology in the modalities of MRI, ultrasound, CT, nuclear medicine and mammography. This designation proves our commitment to providing the highest level of image quality and patient safety.
Job SummaryICC (Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcare has partnered with HCA, one of the nation’s largest healthcare networks, to change the way critical care medicine is practiced. Our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve. We are looking for BC/BE Critical Care trained physicians to join us in our mission to make a difference in the care of every patient every day.
• 18 bed Med/Surg ICU
• Moderate acuity
• Primary stroke center
• Average census 12-14 patients per day
• Daytime only program 7 am - 7 pm M-F/ 9 am - 5 pm weekends
• 15 day shifts per month FT; 3-6 on call night shifts required
About ICC Healthcare
• ICC Healthcare employees over 240 providers in 29 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
• Last year, our providers had over 140,000 patient encounters nationwide.
• We are part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates over 165 facilities in 19 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
The ICC Difference
• The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
• Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
• We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
• We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
• Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA’s commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
• Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, and more
• Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring
• Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling
• Occurrence based malpractice Insurance
• Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections
• PRN, part-time, fulltime, locum tenens and travel opportunities
• Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities