Intensivist Opportunities in Fort Pierce, FL
Pulmonary Critical Care
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a 380-bed, acute care facility and the largest medical center in St. Lucie County. As a regional referral center for the four county Treasure Coast area, the hospital offers a wide variety of medical/surgical treatments and offers specialty services ranging from open heart surgery to inpatient rehabilitation.
Our obstetrics services are backed by a Level III Nursery and pediatric intensive care unit. Patients can access services at our Diabetes Center of Excellence. And Lawnwood Pavilion, situated on campus, offers a 36-bed psychiatric facility and a 26-bed inpatient and outpatient Physical Rehabilitation Center.
Ft. Pierce is an area of lush tropical old Florida charm. Located on the Treasure (east) Coast, 120 miles north of Miami. It boasts a thriving and colorful downtown area with marina and riverfront. Convenient to miles of beautiful beaches, great golf and numerous outdoor activities, it has easy access to US 1, I-95 and the Florida Turnpike.
• Behavioral health (adult)
• Birthing center – obstetrics
• Cancer care
• Cardiac and vascular rehabilitation
• Cardiac catheterization
• General surgery
• Heart Institute
• Interventional radiology
• Level II & III NICU
• Level II trauma center/ER
• Neurosurgery/Mazor robotics
• Orthopedic surgery
• Pediatric ER
• Pediatric intensive care unit
• Radiology/diagnostic imaging
• Therapy: occupational, physical, respiratory, speech
• Women’s services
• Wound care
• The only Truven top 50 cardiovascular hospital on the Treasure Coast
• Over 5,000 open heart surgeries performed
• Uniquely prepared to care for children
• Committed to quality:
- CARF accreditation for Lawnwood Physical
- Accredited Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- Designated as a top performer by The Joint Commission
Job SummaryICC (Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcare has joined HCA, one of the nation’s largest healthcare networks, to change the way critical care medicine is practiced. Our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve. We are looking for BC/BE Critical Care trained physicians to join us in our mission to make a difference in the care of every patient every day at
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center in Fort Pierce, FL.
About ICC Healthcare
• ICC Healthcare employees over 240 providers in 31 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
• Last year, our providers had over 140,000 patient encounters nationwide.
• We are part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates over 170 facilities in 20 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
The ICC Difference
• The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
• Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
• We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
• We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
• Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA’s commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
• Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, and more.
• Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring.
• Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling.
• Occurrence based malpractice insurance.
• Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections.
• PRN, part-time, fulltime, locum tenens and travel opportunities.
• Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities.
Opportunity Specifics – Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
• 24 hour Physician coverage with APP support of 18 bed MICU and 12 bed SICU .
• 12 hour shifts: 1 MD and 1 APP 7 am – 7 pm/1 MD 7 pm – 7 am.
• 15 shifts per month in 3-5 day blocks; day and night shifts.
• Full time, Part Time, PSA, PRN and Locums Opportunities Available.
• Associate Privileges at Lawnwood Regional.
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Compressive Stroke Center.
Community Information – Ft. Pierce, FL
Fort Pierce, often called the Sunrise City, has been the hub of St. Lucie County, Florida for over 100 years. Situated on the "Treasure Coast," named after the famed sinking of a Spanish treasure fleet in 1715, Fort Pierce is one of the oldest communities on the east coast of Florida. Our city is a diverse yet neighborly community, embracing both the richness of our heritage and the promise of the future in St. Lucie County. Downtown has retained its old Florida charm and scale, as it has welcomed new development and revitalization. The historic waterfront downtown affords residents contemporary shopping, dining, great fishing and a range of entertainment and activities from the Farmers Market, Bike Night, Friday Fest, Jazz Market and the city owned and operated historic, 1,200 seat Sunrise Theatre for the Performing Arts.
Fort Pierce is home to educational and research facilities, like the top-ranked Indian River State College, Smithsonian Marine Station, Manatee Observation and Education Center and Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution at Florida Atlantic University. Additionally, Fort Pierce was awarded the 2005 City of Excellence Award by the Florida League of Cities for overall excellence in city government and in 2011 and Main Street Fort Pierce, Inc. received the Great American Main Street Award from the National Trust for Historic Preservation in downtown.