Family Practice GME Program Director Position
Family Practice - GME
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
St. Lucie Medical Center, Port Saint Lucie, FL
Community, Facility, & Organization
St Lucie is a 194 bed acute-care, full service medical center and a leading provider of quality affordable health care. Because we believe in "Quality, Excellence and Commitment," we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies.
Located in the heart of Florida's Treasure (east central) Coast, Port St. Lucie offers some of Florida's finest beaches, rich history, including an oceanic archeological preserve set amidst shipwrecked Spanish galleons of 1715, beautiful nature preserves, famous golf courses and an exciting array of events and festivals. Over 21 miles of award-winning pristine beaches nearby for the outdoor enthusiast. . Spring training camp for the NY Mets. 197 bed acute care full service hospital serving Port St. Lucie and the surrounding community of 191,000. This area has a minimal amount of managed care- majority of payors are fee for service.
• Birthing center/obstetrics
• Breast care center/Digital mammography
• Cancer care
• Cardiac catheterization lab
• Inpatient and outpatient ehabilitation
• Interventional radiology
• Orthopedic & Spine Institute
• Radiology/diagnostic imaging
• Respiratory therapy
• Senior-friendly ER
• Sleep center
• Women’s services
• Orthopedic & Spine Institute: the most dvanced innovations by top physicians n a resort-inspired environment
• Senior-friendly ER goes the extra mile to ensure our seniors receive the best care
• Joint Commission Accredited Wound Center; Primary Stroke Center
• Designated as a Top Performer by The Joint Commission
Job SummarySt Lucie Medical Center's Family Practice Residency Program is in need of a Director to oversee the residents. This physician shall assist in the development and operation of the Family Practice Residency Program and shall oversee the activities of the residents and other faculty members.
1. Requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to the Review Committee, which includes a minimum of 5 years on the faculty of an ACGME accredited FM residency with 3 of those years in an administrative capacity ( core faculty, APD).
2. Current FP DO or MD certification required
3. Current FL medical license and appropriate medical staff appointment
All of our recruited employed physicians are required to be available for call at our Treasure Coast Market facilities; St. Lucie Medical Center, Lawnwood Regional Medical Center and Raulerson Hospital, also agree to obtain medical staff privileges at St. Lucie Medical Center, Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, and Raulerson