Psychiatrists needed in the Treasure Coast of FL
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a 370-bed, acute care facility and the largest medical center in St. Lucie County. As a regional referral center for the four county Treasure Coast area, the hospital offers a wide variety of medical/surgical treatments and offers specialty services ranging from open heart surgery to inpatient rehabilitation.
Our obstetrics services are backed by a Level III Nursery and pediatric intensive care unit. Patients can access services at our Diabetes Center of Excellence. And Lawnwood Pavilion, situated on campus, offers a 36-bed psychiatric facility and a 26-bed inpatient and outpatient Physical Rehabilitation Center.
Ft. Pierce is an area of lush tropical old Florida charm. Located on the Treasure (east) Coast, 120 miles north of Miami. It boasts a thriving and colorful downtown area with marina and riverfront. Convenient to miles of beautiful beaches, great golf and numerous outdoor activities, it has easy access to US 1, I-95 and the Florida Turnpike.
• Behavioral health (adult)
• Birthing center – obstetrics
• Cancer care
• Cardiac and vascular rehabilitation
• Cardiac catheterization
• General surgery
• Heart Institute
• Interventional radiology
• Level II & III NICU
• Level II trauma center/ER
• Neurosurgery/Mazor robotics
• Orthopedic surgery
• Pediatric ER
• Pediatric intensive care unit
• Radiology/diagnostic imaging
• Therapy: occupational, physical, respiratory, speech
• Women’s services
• Wound care
• The only Truven top 50 cardiovascular hospital on the Treasure Coast
• Over 5,000 open heart surgeries performed
• Uniquely prepared to care for children
• Committed to quality:
- CARF accreditation for Lawnwood Physical
- Accredited Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- Designated as a top performer by The Joint Commission
Job SummaryHCA's Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is in need of three BE/BC Psychiatrists for their Hospital Employed practice located along the Treasure Coast of Florida. This will be an inpatient and outpatient opportunity. Our team of Psychiatrists covers a 24 bed inpatient unit. We have an outpatient office across the street from the hospital. Below is information regarding the positions:
• The Psychiatrists take call for 7 days in a row , including his/her weekend. The 4th week is covered by a community physician who is contracted.
• Daily Inpatient coverage requires 2 FT to complete pt. rounding, provide consultations for the medical departments, complete 1st and 2nd opinions, and also , as needed, cover court hearings as delegated by the Medical Director. (Medical Director will only delegate court to other Psychiatrist during times of illness, vacation, emergencies)
• We have opened an IOP-Intensive Outpatient Program; 3 evenings / week M, W, Th. from 5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. There is an opportunity for one of the FT Psychiatrists to be appointed as the Medical Director for this program. The IOP Medical Director will provide a minimum of 10 hrs/month for IOP oversight and supervision, in addition to conducting initial Psychiatric assessments, and bi-weekly visits, and orders for admissions/discharges.
• The average number of consults/day is 5.
• The average Inpatient census is 17, so no more than 7-8 patients per psychiatrist.
• We are seeking a Psychiatrist who will provide ECT in partnership with our Inpatient Medical Director. When the Adolescent Unit opens, we will need to appoint a Medical Director to that unit.
• Competitive Salary, benefits, WRVU bonus, relocation allowance and Medical Malpractice offered
All of our recruited employed physicians are required to be available for call at our Treasure Coast Market facilities; St. Lucie Medical Center, Lawnwood Regional Medical Center and Raulerson Hospital, also agree to obtain medical staff privileges at St. Lucie Medical Center, Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, and Raulerson