Board Certified Geriatrician Needed in Myrtle Beach!
Family Practice Geriatric Medicine
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Grand Strand Medical Center, Myrtle Beach, SC
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 301-bed tertiary referral center in Myrtle Beach, SC, and is the largest and most clinically advanced hospital in the area. Grand Strand Medical Center is the only hospital in the region to offer such specialized services as a Level I adult trauma center and a Level II pediatric trauma center, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, robotic assisted surgery, three emergency departments staffed with residency trained emergency medicine physicians, pediatric ED and PICU. Grand Strand Medical Center has earned a reputation as the hospital of choice for residents and visitors. With a medical staff of 400+ highly skilled practitioners, Grand Strand offers the community a full spectrum of board certified medical specialists and services.
Located in Myrtle Beach, the heart of the "Grand Strand," the 60-mile stretch of coastline is considered one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US. The area has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top retirement and tourist destinations in the country. The community is comprised of a myriad of unique neighborhoods that include easy access to golf, the ocean, shopping and entertainment, national caliber live music venues, a local symphony, nationally recognized Botanical Garden (Brookgreen Gardens), minor league baseball, water parks, outlet shopping, international airport, fishing, boating and 2,500+ restaurants.
Job SummaryGrand Strand Medical Center is seeking academic minded Geriatrician to join their busy outpatient practice in the Myrtle Beach area. The outpatient clinic is located in Little River, just north of Myrtle Beach. The ideal candidate will enjoy providing quality patient care while supervising and mentoring residents in the clinical setting. Position also involves teaching residents in a didactic setting. We are looking for highly motivated faculty who enjoy resident education and autonomous practice balance.
• The office is located in the middle of high growth areas and there are excellent public schools and outstanding housing options within a 10 minute drive.
• Practice is outpatient only!
• Clinic hours, M-F
• Admissions are handled by hospitalist service
• Practices are limited to geriatrics (55+ yrs old) with appointment time slots commensurate with the need to properly care for geriatric patients.
• Palliative Care training a plus, but not mandatory
• Top beach resort area/ lifestyle in area with excellent restaurants, golfing and world class resort amenities