San Jose Intensivist/PULM-CC Opportunity
Pulmonary Critical Care
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Regional Medical Center of San Jose, San Jose, CA
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a 204-bed acute care hospital serving Silicon Valley and surrounding counties for more than 40 years. Its American College of Surgeons verified Level II Trauma Center anchors high level services in neurosurgery, vascular surgery, general and orthopedic surgery. The hospital’s Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center reflects sophisticated neurosciences and neuro-interventional radiology. The hospital received accreditation as a Chest Pain Center; its emergency response, cath lab and cardiovascular surgery performance are superior. The hospital supports innovation by its medical staff and was the first hospital north of Los Angeles to perform single incision laparoscopic gallbladder removal in its minimally invasive operating suite. The Medical Staff includes more than 500 professionals in 21 medical specialties. The Medical Staff and employed staff reflect the rich cultural diversity of this vibrant northern California community.
San Jose, California, is home to the largest concentration of technology expertise in the world--more than 6,600 technology companies employing more than 254,000 people. It offers a beautiful climate year-round, wide variety of exciting cultural, recreational, educational and entertainment opportunities as the 10th largest city in the U.S. Residential options range from urban loft living and traditional tree-lined neighborhoods to mountain top retreats. Superior recreation opportunities from hiking and biking to surfing or skiing. Excellent public schools and multiple private school options.
Job SummaryAs a member of San Jose Regional Medical Center’s Intensivist Team, you will learn the skills necessary to improve quality, patient satisfaction and ICU performance through the implementation of standardized, evidence-based practices; implementation of Intensivist led multidisciplinary rounding and measurement of process and outcome.
The physician led group offers strong leadership at the national, regional and program level. Our commitment to learning and development ensures that you are provided the tools necessary to continue to develop your skills to reach your highest potential.
• 403-bed level 2 trauma center and regional medical center
• New facility with over $350 million investment
• Comprehensive Stroke Center
• ECMO program with cardiothoracic surgery
• 34-bed ICU consisting of medical, surgical, cardiothoracic and neuro-ICU patients
• 24/7 coverage model
• 12-hour block shift schedule with dedicated time off
• Shift based compensation
• Productivity based bonus potential
• Commencement bonus
• Annual CME allowance
• Professional Liability Coverage including full tail coverage
• Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
• Relocation Allowance
Education Training and Experience Required
• MD or DO
• Must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine
• Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area
• Ability to work as a team member
• Must have commitment to excellence in clinical service and be forward thinking
• Excellent communication (written and verbal); strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
San Jose is located in the heart of Silicon Valley nestled between the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains and South Bay. San Jose offers a diverse population and is a unique cultural hub offering diverse food options and year around cultural events steeped in history. You will find everything here from beautiful landscapes to entertainment. San Jose is a one-hour drive from San Francisco