Cardiothoracic PA Needed in Augusta, GA!
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Doctors Hospital of Augusta, Augusta, GA
Home to the well-respected Joseph M. Still Burn Center at Doctors Hospital, Doctors Hospital is a 354 bed facility that has been very busy growing over the last few years. After opening a new three-story tower that houses a new Joint and Spine Center and state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit, Doctors Hospital became a Level III Trauma Center, added a brand new Cath Lab, Pediatric ER, Pediatric In-Patient Unit that includes a PICU, opened a renovated Women’s Imaging Center and brought to Augusta the area’s first CyberKnife®.
The expansion hasn’t stopped! Right now the hospital is in the middle of a major construction project that will add new operating rooms, expand the In-Patient Rehab Unit and expand the Wound Center into a brand new medical office building.
Doctors Hospital is proud to be the only hospital in the area to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission for the fifth year in a row. Doctors is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Stroke Center and is the only hospital in the area to be designated a Baby Friendly® facility.
As for Augusta, there’s no place like the Classic South. Antebellum mansions, hallowed historic sites and quiet, tree-lined avenues that are perfect for a late summer afternoon stroll. While there are certainly plenty of Southern cities that boast this inviting landscape, there’s something special about our community, something that can’t be replicated in any other place.
Nestled along the banks of the Savannah River, Georgia’s second largest city offers its visitors and residents traditional Southern charm plus all the perks of metro living - arts, culture, shopping, educational opportunities, fine cuisine, state-of-the-art healthcare, and sports. Here you can literally soak up the best of all worlds.
Job SummaryA well-established, busy hospital employed practice in Augusta, GA is seeking a new Cardiothoracic PA to join their growing team! This practice provides high quality, compassionate care and offers the full spectrum of cardiovascular services.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Performing patient histories and physical exams
- Handling daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
- Evaluating new inpatient consults and ordering appropriate preoperative studies for possible surgery
- Scheduling patient for surgery
- Coordinating care for inpatient transfer to AUMC for cardiac surgical cases
- Obtaining consent for surgery on preoperative patients
- Seeing office patients to include new consults and postoperative follow-ups
- Coordinating care for patients that require other specialists
- Managing multidisciplinary requirements/care of the thoracic oncology patients
- Must have extensive knowledge of the pharmacologic effects of vasoactive/ cardiotonic drugs, ventilator management
- Perform duties of a primary care PA
**The hospital is offering a competitive base salary and compensation package.