Core Faculty for Family Medicine GME
Family Practice w/ OB
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Coliseum Medical Centers, Macon, GA
Coliseum Medical Centers is a 310 bed facility offering a 24-hour emergency room that offers specialized pediatric care. Coliseum is also now pursuing a Level III Trauma designation. The hospital offers inpatient and outpatient surgery options, rehabilitation programs, behavioral health and diagnostic services. CMC’s breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as the Coliseum Heart Institute, an advanced cardiac center offering all services from non-invasive cardiology to open heart surgery, Coliseum Rehabilitation Center, Coliseum Robotics Institute, Coliseum Cancer Institute, and the Family Ties Birthing Center (a level III neonatal nursery). Additionally, the Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health, located on the campus of Coliseum Medical Centers, provides treatment to adults with psychiatric and addiction issues. The services provided include inpatient and outpatient programs, as well as a specialty program for senior adults.
Macon, GA is only an hour drive from Atlanta! It is the 5th largest city in Georgia, situated in the heart of the state, and is the perfect sized city offering many amenities of a larger city with a small town feel. Here you can experience the change of seasons, enjoy outdoor activities year-round and enjoy beautiful lakes and numerous parks. Macon also boasts great shopping with major department stores, as well as, unique boutiques. Macon is a great place for music lovers as the city hosts many concerts throughout the year. Macon is located off of I-75 and I-16, making it easily accessible for travel.
Job SummaryCore Faculty Physicians Needed to join Coliseum Medical Center’s Family Medicine GME Program.
• Must be Board Certified in Family Practice
• Have 2 years of clinical experience post residency
• Be willing to combine Administrative and clinical Responsibilities (60/40)
• Work well in a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strongly motived to nurture and teach the next generation of family physicians
• Participation in scholarly activities, which may include peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations
Responsibilities will include:
• Assist with the operation of the Family Medicine residency program
• Assist with development of curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
• Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for performance
• Participating in competency evaluations of residents
• Additional responsibilities to ensure program of excellence