Internal Medicine 4th Year Chief Resident
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
Oak Hill Hospital, Brooksville, FL
Oak Hill Hospital is the largest medical facility in Hernando County, recently completing a major expansion, bringing its bed total to 262. The hospital is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular surgery program and one of the most advanced robotic assisted surgical systems. The hospital recently launched a graduate medical education program in internal medicine and is in the process of opening an obstetrics service.
Oak Hill has achieved several distinctions including: First in the nation to have achieved 100% board certified emergency nurses; first Florida hospital and two-time recipient of the Lantern Award by the Emergency Nurses Association; 24/7 intensivist critical care coverage in its 36 bed ICU, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI; Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission; comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center with digital mammography; accredited Cancer Institute (ACoS CoC); Heart Failure accreditation (SCPC), comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute; Joint Commission certification for Hip & Knee Replacement and Spinal Fusion programs.
For more information, visit www.OakHillHospital.com
Job SummaryJob Description: CHIEF MEDICAL RESIDENT
Oak Hill Hospital seeking an Internal Medicine Chief Resident for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The Chief resident shall function under the supervision of the Internal Medicine Residency Program Director. The Chief resident develops administrative skills appropriate to the Residency to act as a liaison to residents. During the academic year, the Chief resident will develop his/her personal leadership style, learn the complexities of conflict negotiation and resolution, and gain understanding of institutional administrative policies.
Must be able and willing to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, interns, medical students, administrative staff, residency faculty and administration, hospital staff, attending physicians, patients, families, and the public; and perform high-level decision-making.
Graduate of an accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION:
Current Florida license
SUPERVISES: Medical students, interns, and residents
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develops and maintains a personal program of self-study and professional growth with guidance of the Program
• Director, and Internal Medicine Residency faculty
• Provides teaching, support and other duties as assigned to facilitate the Core Conference series and other residency conferences
• Provides teaching, supervision and serves as a role model to residents, interns and medical students
• Admission, consultation, evaluation, diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of patients with general medical problems for safe, effective and compassionate patient care
• Demonstrates dexterity and competency to perform and teach all essential and required procedures
• Identifies need for patient education and orders or provides education
• Comprehensively documents in patients’ charts in a timely and accurate manner
• Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to patient and family issues, including age, gender and cultural diversity
• Efficiently performs in emergency situations, including adherence to established clinic and hospital-specific protocols
• Demonstrates applied knowledge base including integration of skills
• Participates actively in all educational and residency program activities and assumes responsibility for teaching residents, interns and medical students
• Demonstrates awareness and applies knowledge of legal issues in all aspects of patient care, incorporating risk management skills, and quality control measures
• Actively participates on assigned hospital committees as a member
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills
• Participates in the resolution of residents’ staffing conflicts and maintains flexibility regarding staffing patterns, including on-call schedule and daily schedules
• Demonstrates ability for effective problem identification and resolution as well as independent judgment
• Participates in research and scholarly activities