Experienced Program Director sought for new Diagnostic Radiology Residency....Las Vegas, NV
Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
MountainView Hospital, Las Vegas, NV
True to its mission, MountainView Hospital is a provider of compassionate, quality health care in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas. MountainView Hospital has more than 1,200 physicians on its medical staff representing 36 medical specialties. Our team of highly skilled physicians, along with experienced nurses and other health professionals, provide a comprehensive, advanced range of health care services. These include: state-of-the-art surgical and emergency services; cardiovascular services; women's services including "Birthday Suites"; an extensive, advanced range of outpatient and diagnostic services and much more. For patients and families, this means an unparalleled depth and breadth of medical expertise close to home.
MountainView Hospital continues to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction -- an affirmation that we are listening to our community and meeting the health care needs of Northwest Las Vegas. And, like the community we serve, MountainView Hospital continues to grow, learn and innovate. So as the health care needs of you and your family evolve, we're with you every step of the way.
Be sure to tour our site www.mountainview-hospital.com. Our tour includes stops at our many departments, where detailed information may be found. Along the way you will meet members of our staff, volunteers, physicians on staff and friends of MountainView
Job SummaryMountainView Hospital, Las Vegas NV is seeking an experienced Diagnostic Radiology Program Director to assist in the development and oversight of a new residency program in 2018
At MountainView Hospital, we’ve demonstrated excellence in every aspect of our institution and practices. This includes in-depth planning to the execution of state-of-the-art graduate medical education programs (IM, General Surgery-2016 and OB / GYN approved for 2017) that not only fit the needs of our residents, but also set the standard high for clinical research and educational excellence. Our modern facility in Las Vegas, Nevada is advanced and fully equipped to provide a comprehensive educational experience all of which will be enhanced by the ongoing development of a clinical research department, 200+ seat auditorium and classrooms for lectures, including grand rounds.
The Program Director, among other things, is responsible for:
-Leadership, organization, operation, and the general administration of the Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program
-Establishing the strategic direction of the program;
-Standards, quality and reputation of the Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program
-Integrating the Diagnostic Radiology Program with physician practice and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality;
-Promoting an optimal environment for professional practice and medical education
-Start date July 2018 or earlier
-Must be Board Certified in Radiology by the American Board of Radiology
-Possess current license or eligible for license to practice medicine in Nevada o --Must have at least 50% of their time in a dedicated specific subspecialty and must demonstrate a commitment to that specific subspecialty
- Have a subspecialty certification (CAQ), fellowship training or three (3) years of subspecialty training
- Membership in a subspecialty
- Annual Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits in the subspecialty
- Participation in maintenance of certification with emphasis on the subspecialty
- Minimum of 1-year current radiology academic teaching as either core faculty, Associate Program Director or Subspecialty Director, although three years of teaching experience is preferred.
- Recent scholarly activity, within the past five ( 5 ) years, such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations
- Demonstrate clinical excellence, leadership, teaching, and research skills.
- Strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you are an experienced GME leader, please consider joining our dedicated radiology group in a partnership position with competitive compensation and benefits package while working with our community hospital administrative and GME teams. This is an independent group of 23 fellowship-trained radiologists covering all specialties dedicated to top quality patient care. The dedicated physician practice and hospital clinical services are passionate about the development of a state-of-the-art program in a manner that enhances value and quality, promoting an optimal environment for professional practice and medical education.
A complete job description/requirements list will be provided to candidates who qualify as a Program Director.