Third Party Search Firms Not Allowed
MountainView Hospital, Las Vegas, NV
True to its mission, MountainView Hospital is a provider of compassionate, quality health care in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas. MountainView Hospital has more than 1,200 physicians on its medical staff representing 36 medical specialties. Our team of highly skilled physicians, along with experienced nurses and other health professionals, provide a comprehensive, advanced range of health care services. These include: state-of-the-art surgical and emergency services; cardiovascular services; women's services including "Birthday Suites"; an extensive, advanced range of outpatient and diagnostic services and much more. For patients and families, this means an unparalleled depth and breadth of medical expertise close to home.
MountainView Hospital continues to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction -- an affirmation that we are listening to our community and meeting the health care needs of Northwest Las Vegas. And, like the community we serve, MountainView Hospital continues to grow, learn and innovate. So as the health care needs of you and your family evolve, we're with you every step of the way.
Be sure to tour our site www.mountainview-hospital.com. Our tour includes stops at our many departments, where detailed information may be found. Along the way you will meet members of our staff, volunteers, physicians on staff and friends of MountainView
Job SummaryAs one of HCA’s premier hospitals in the Las Vegas Valley, MountainView Hospital continues to raise the bar for healthcare in our community. MountainView is a 340-bed, newly expanded facility, located in the heart of northwest Las Vegas.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer, and HealthInsight for excellence in patient care, MountainView demonstrates excellence at every level of care. Proven leadership and commitment to excellence are key qualifications for MountainView's next Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
THE NEW CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER MUST BE WILLING TO RELINQUISH CLINICAL PRACTICE AS AN ADMINISTRATIVE CORPORATE EMPLOYEE OF HCA.
The CMO leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; reviews quality performance with hospital leadership; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; facilitates hospital-wide medical staff integration; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
• Serve as an active member of the Administrative Team.
• Champion delivery of quality care as a priority for the Medical Staff.
• Develop and coordinate systems/processes for controlling costs related to clinical resource utilization.
• As a part of the clinical resource utilization function, develop and provide ongoing oversight for hospitalist services.
• Develop and direct medical education programs for the benefit of the Hospital’s Medical Staff and facility.
• Serve as a liaison between the Hospital and the Medical Staff. Represent the Hospital objectively and decisively in presenting matters of importance to the Medical Staff.
• Participate in all committees and activities appropriate for an active member of the Hospital’s Medical Staff.
• Assist in the development and promotion of new products and services for the Hospital.
• Provide physician oversight of the functions of the Hospital’s Medical Staff Office, including all aspects of staff appointment/reappointment, the management of Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and departmental rules and regulations; oversight of Medical Staff departmental and committee functions; oversight of all processes for dealing with disruptive and impaired physicians, and the oversight of all credentialing matters for the Medical Staff. Duties also include the preparation of a Medical Staff newsletter, attendance at meetings of the Medical Executive Committee and Hospital Board as an ex-officio member of each, and ongoing communications – verbal and written – with the Hospital’s Medical Staff.
• Ensure that Medical Staff clinical practices followed within the Hospital comply with all local, State, Federal and other regulatory requirements as well as HCA and nationally recognized standards of care.
• Participate for the Hospital in community health-related activities and organizations.
• (Ideally) significant experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system.
• Board certified physician with practice experience.
• Graduate degree in business or comparable degree is a decided plus.
• Minimum five years of clinical practice experience.
• Experience communicating a vision in a broad range of clinical environments, preferably within an open system.
• Management of a complex quality program design and implementation.
• Involvement in the implementation of significant clinical practice change.
• Leadership of quality improvement initiatives that have resulted in measurably outstanding outcomes and/or shown significant enhancements recently.
• Management of multi-disciplinary teams of clinicians and staff.
• Licensed by the State Medical Board.